Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

I know this topic has been covered before but i am slightly confused about what/which is the best option for converting the boot light to LED.

Is it best to just replace the bulb with an LED or would it be best to replace the whole unit?
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for either option that doesn't flag up a bulb error?

2014 A6 C7

Thanks

Chris

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 Boot Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Two ways really - easiest option is buy the whole module and then its plug out, unit out, plug in, unit in.
    But the cheaper way is change the bulb. I have a write-up how to on the A7 forum on replacing all the interior lights - 99% of them are the same as the A6 C7 where the A7 benefits with an additional light in the boot (one per side)

The A6 is very easy to replace, it's just a case of popping the unit off, I think there is a metal plate over it which you remove and then you have access to the bulb

In terms of led or not, I get mine from a em-tuning who I've never had any issues with in terms of bulb out warning. From what I know, the main guy (trups) does nothing but develop bulb/boards for problematic cars like ours when it comes to warnings etc

I would def go for LED though - I did it on my A6 before selling it and its a massive difference especially as there is only one in the middle of the boot
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 Boot Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the reply.

If i was to replace the whole module, which i would prefer, are there genuine Audi modules or would i be looking to buy one from somewhere like ebay/amazon.

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 Boot Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Not sure about the latest A6 (16/66/17 plate) but I know the latest 16 plate A7 has LED by default in the boot as the loaner they gave me had it although interestingly the rest of the car interior was standard halogen.
    What I can't remember is if the plug for both are the same - if it is then I guess the A7 one could do?

1 0 0

5. Re: A6 Boot Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akash View Post
    Not sure about the latest A6 (16/66/17 plate) but I know the latest 16 plate A7 has LED by default in the boot as the loaner they gave me had it although interestingly the rest of the car interior was standard halogen.
    What I can't remember is if the plug for both are the same - if it is then I guess the A7 one could do?
    The lights I've seen are identical in size but the halogen and led versions have different plugs.

Personally I wouldn't bother changing modules - it's far easier and cheaper to replace the halogen bulbs with led ones. Also the led modules I bought for my puddle lights weren't very bright (although there might be different versions) - the led bulbs I got were much better.

1 0 0

6. Re: A6 Boot Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I agree
    I was going to mention and I have got comparison pictures in my other thread but the stock Audi ones are fairly dim in comparison to the aftermarket ones which are VERY bright

Takes no more than 1 minute if you have done it before or 5 minutes if you have not From memory, you can even poke around the top of the bulb holder to push it out of the hole in the boot from around the light as there are gaps around it

1 0 0

7. Re: A6 Boot Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I bought a full set of bulbs for mine and the wife's. about £25 and took 15-20 mins to change the lot. Been there for 3 + 4 years respectively now with no issues.

Got them off eBay, just search for "canbus LED set A6" and you will get plenty of options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0