1. MMI 2G Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, Apologies if this has been posted before but i cannot seem to find an answer.

I have been trying to update my MMI 2G as i still have the original software that was shipped when the car was new, 2005. I am also still running the original 2005 GPS disk aswell, Ive tried updating the GPS with an original 2014 disk as i was lead top believe that i could just insert the newer disk into the GPS DVD and it would update automatically. Unfortunately when i did this nothing happens and after a short time the screen asks me to insert the Navigation DVD disk. The MMI update disk will not read either and im sure i have read somewhere that you cannot update to version 5570 from before version around 5170 (not exactly sure of version number) My question is this. is my MMI software so out of date that it will not allow me to update the GPS and also where can i get hold of older version MMI update disks.

many thanks hoping someone out there can help!!

Audi A6 C6 Avant 2.0l tdi 140 bhp Sport 2005

0 0 0

2. Re: MMI 2G Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I feel your pain, i have been wanting to do this as well but thought something like this may happen..
    you can get you current version through the car and settings menu somewhere. My own sat nav came with an after market 2010 revision. is the 2014 a MMI 3G? I dont think this would work as it went fancy 3D?
    My CD changer will only play an old scratched up CD would not read newer ones?!?!? i think this may be down to the reader, the older ones do not do newer file types?

I currently have bigger fish to fry however, as now and then the old girl will not start..
    Stewart
    2012 Q5 2.0D quattro S line Plus
    1986 coupe quattro (kv)
    1972 mini 1400 100BHP A series
    2016 F-Pace Portfolio X761 2.0D 180HP

0 0 0

3. Re: MMI 2G Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    I had an early 2006 which I upgraded to 5570 from an early version of s/w. There are threads in this forum that give step-by-step details of how to upgrade.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
    Q7 3.0 TDI Quattro (272 HP) S-Line
    (Gone) A6 C6 AVANT 2.7TDI SE MANUAL
    Hers - Mk. VII Golf '15' 2.0 TDI BlueMotion

0 1 0

4. Re: MMI 2G Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted