Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all

I paid for a VCDS readout from a chap local to me. I wanted a general overview of the car as I've only had it a few weeks. One of the known issues was with the parking sensors and I wanted to see if VCDS would point me in the right direction. Here is the relevant section from the output:

Code:
    Address 76: Park Assist        Labels: 8Z0-919-283.lbl   Part No: 8Z0 919 283 
       Component: Parkingsyst. A6 RDW D08  
       Coding: 01116
       Shop #: WSC 02334  
       VCID: 020199400EC6EA51FF-5054

1 Fault Found:
    01549 - Supply Voltage for Parking-Aid Sensor 
                29-00 - Short to Ground
    The symptom I have:

I put the car into reverse and 80% of the time I will get a loud continuous tone for about 5 seconds and then silence. Not another peep out of it even when I'm just millimetres away from an obstacle. 20% of the time when I put the car into reverse I get absolutely no sound at all.

What I've tried:

Unplugged the two connectors going to the parking module above the n/s/r wheel arch. Sprayed contact cleaner and reseated. No difference.
    Removed all four parking sensors (mine is the Final Edition model with the sensors relatively accessible at the bottom of the bumper extension bit). Contact cleaned all plugs and sockets and reassembled. No difference.
    Plugged each sensor back in one by one and put the car into reverse. Exactly the same symptom - will park assist work with only a limited number of sensors connected? I'm guessing not, so perhaps this last step was pointless.
    Putting the car into reverse and quickly running to the back to try and listen to each sensors. I've done this with all four and I can't hear any of the clicking I've read about

Now, the 'Short to Ground' is a bit ambiguous (well, only because of my understanding of VCDS) - does the 29-00 identify a particular sensor? Could it be the module itself? I have seen modules on ebay for about £15 and I've ordered one new sensor for £9 just to swap it out with each of the four existing ones just in case it's one faulty sensor causing the problem. Of course, I'd like to troubleshoot in a more efficient way than simply throwing money at the problem, so I'd appreciate any suggestions.

0 1 0

2. Re: Park assist / parking sensor fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Can you try removing the connector of one of the parking sensors and check i the fault code changes?

0 1 0

3. Re: Park assist / parking sensor fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, I have no permanent access to VCDS. I guess I am putting off the inevitable and will have to buy the hobbyist version rather than forking out per scan

Apart from that, anything else you can think of that I can try?

Thank you

0 1 0

4. Re: Park assist / parking sensor fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I tried swapping each of the four sensors with my new one and retesting. I still got the same long tone when engaging reverse. I guess it could be multiple faulty sensors, but I would have thought that fairly unlikely?
    I have ordered the parking module for a £15 punt. The seller says I can return if it's not that causing the problem.

I'd like to bell out the cabling to ensure that there isn't a break or short between the module and the sensors. The only trouble is that I'm having trouble finding a wiring diagram that includes parking sensors - can anyone help with that?

Thanks

0 1 0

5. Re: Park assist / parking sensor fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi - did you ever fix the parking system issue?

regards

tom

0 1 0

6. Re: Park assist / parking sensor fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    unfortunately not. I'm just living with it at the moment.
    I tried the £15 ebay parking module, but the symptom was the same. I have that for sale if you want!
    I can't seem to find a wiring diagram that details the loom from the parking module to the individual sensors. I could then easily check to see if there is a short in any of the cables and check for continuity, etc.
    Otherwise it may be a case of throwing £35 on three more new sensors and seeing what happens.

Gearbox issues to worry about at the moment though, so will come back to parking sensors once I've sorted out this bloody multitronic piece of junk.

0 1 0

7. Re: Park assist / parking sensor fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi
    My parkingsensors don't respond at all in A8 2008 facelift model The sensor button on the dash has no light either.
    Running the VCDS gives me the following readings
    Address 76: Park Assist Labels: 4E0-910-283.lbl
    Part No SW: 4E0 910 283 C HW: 4E0 919 283 C
    Component: Parkhilfe 8-Kan H12 0040
    Revision: 00H12000 Serial number: 08740810504184
    Coding: 0221008
    Shop #: WSC 02313 785 00200
    VCID: 234FF155E2CED91
    3 Faults Found:
    009 - Open or Short to Ground
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01101001
    Fault Priority: 3
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 167
    Mileage: 183143 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2017.12.26
    Time: 17:46:34
    00576 - Terminal 15
    008 - Implausible Signal
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01101000
    002 - Lower Limit Exceeded
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100010

My car is an Audi A8 3.0 TDI Quattro 2008 facelift model.
    I have the camera as well which works well with the guidelines however the sensors and the sensor graphic do not respond at all.

I would appreciate any help
    thanks in advance

0 0 0