1. New car registration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    My car is on order, and is apparently in quality control which is step 7 of 9 on the Audi progress app. Step 8 is in Transit, and 9 is at the dealers.

Given the tax changes I am keen to get it registered before 1st April, but the chances of it arriving at the dealers by then are slim, factoring in the boat journey to UK, sat at docks, then onto dealer.

Previously I spoke with Audi UK who confirmed that it is possible to register a car that has been built, but not arrived. This made sense as by that stage I assume the dealer has the VIN number etc.

However on checking with the dealer (Inchcape) they tell me they can’t do it unless it at status ‘40’ (on site) on their system which links to the DVLA to register.

Has anyone come across this situation before?
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0

2. Re: New car registration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    The app might not be that up to date - what is the dealer saying? Mine sat at quality control for some time even though the dealer and Audi UK told me it had arrived in the U.K. When did it go into QC?
    Mine went into quality control on the 13th Feb and apparently left the factory on the 16th Feb and arrived in the U.K. On the 23rd Feb (24th according to the dealer, 23rd according to Audi UK) but he app didn't update until 1st march to say it was on a ship, then said it arrived at the dealer in the 3rd March. I collected on the 8th March. You've still got a few days so fingers crossed you can make it to a March registration! Speak to Audi UK as they seemed to have very up to date info when I was calling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. New registration.....
    By Rosscow in forum Audi A6 - C6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 24-05-2013, 08:35 PM
  2. Assigning a Private Registration to my Car
    By Mike2.0TQ in forum Audi A4 - B7 Forum - 2005 - 2008
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 07:29 AM
  3. Car Registration Number