1. Re: 2007 A4 B7 1.9 TDI Avant - Rough engine, uneven performance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could the problem possibly be a bad lambda/o2 sensor?

0 0 0

2. Re: 2007 A4 B7 1.9 TDI Avant - Rough engine, uneven performance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello everyone! I have B7 Avant 1.9TDi BKE with absolutely the same symptoms. Did you manage to get this solved? I have tried everything that is written here and starting to think that the problems are injector/s related.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2007 A4 B7 1.9 TDI Avant - Rough engine, uneven performance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Any codes coming up with a full Vcds scan?
    eye for an eye means the whole world goes blind

0 0 0

4. Re: 2007 A4 B7 1.9 TDI Avant - Rough engine, uneven performance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I’ve got a very similar issue on a Bre engine, replaced EGR valve and maf which improved things but it’s slowly creeping back to being like it was before

0 0 0

5. Re: 2007 A4 B7 1.9 TDI Avant - Rough engine, uneven performance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qnnis View Post
    Hello everyone! I have B7 Avant 1.9TDi BKE with absolutely the same symptoms. Did you manage to get this solved? I have tried everything that is written here and starting to think that the problems are injector/s related.
    Edit: Sorry, I am dumb. And repeating myself regarding EGR. As i obviously mentioned this in the original post. And it was over 4 years ago! But on a good note.. the car is still chugging along.

I really never solved it entirely. The engine stalled on me a few years back because the EGR valve froze in one position. So EGR was replaced.
    This helped. But it is still kind of weird at times. But not been a game ender issue this far.. knock on wood.
    Vcds doesen't show any engine fault codes.
    My engine code is BRB.

Also, when I bought the car from the previous owner. I was very thorough. Because it seemed and sounded a little off to me.
    Long story short:
    I found out that these engines have a common issue with cam/rocker shaft.
    And sure enough, on my car the "rocker shaft end plugs" had fallen out. So had them fixed by machine pressing new copper plugs.
    This to ensure propper seal obviously and secure oil flow/lubrication.

Also, Audi has a notification on these engines that a mechanic can look up with details on what he should look for.

My best guess for my issue, that I continue to have, is that it's electrical or sensor related, and/or ECU that intepret data incorrectly. But I obviously can't be sure.
    And note that even if symptoms appear to be similar, your issue might be a very different animal.

You have probably done/know some of these, but here are some suggestions you can consider:

- Have you talked to your local dealer and what their suggestions are? And as you know, the knowledge/experience can vary wildly depending on who you are talking to.

- Remove the valve cover and inspect cam/valves for unusual wear. Or if you have same issue with end plugs falling out. This procedure is pretty simple.

- low-effort/cheap replacements like fuel filter.

- EGR is a bit of a trouble maker. Also not that hard to fix. But replacing it can cost a bit. Cleaning it is an effort. So choose your poison

- Scan for fault codes every now and then, especially after you notice problems.

- Try to log or gather some sense of when and in what situations problems occur. Do you ever have difficulties starting the car? Even the weather, is the weather wet, cold etc. when you experience problems.

Some symptoms leads to many suspects. Electrical, vacuum, turbo, EGR, MAF or other sensors etc. So chasing random ideas is not worth it imo.
    Make sure you are a "Triple A" member and enjoy your ride If your symptoms gets worse though, you obviously have to consider your options.

0 0 0

6. Re: 2007 A4 B7 1.9 TDI Avant - Rough engine, uneven performance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    The only difference on these engine code is that the BKE has no DPF filter and the BRB and BPW does anyone with a BRB or BPW could look into the DPF first
    eye for an eye means the whole world goes blind

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12