1. Extended warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Do many of you guys have the extended warranty with your cars?

In our business we run trucks and the repair bills for the ad-blue systems etc are shocking. I hear more horror stories with cars these days. I also had an adventure in the Nissan garage with my wife's Qashqai over a DPF failure (the car was doing over 18k miles per year but the service manager suggested we weren't doing enough mileage or driving it correctly and should have bought a petrol. A lot of arguing later, I didn't have to pay the £2500 bill to replace it).

I am thinking it might be worth taking out the extra to make sure I'm covered for any potential scares down the line as I now plan to keep the car for 5 years or so.

0 0 0

2. Re: Extended warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    What engine do you have? extra warranty is like flipping a coin, you will either need it or not! However with the complexity of the cars these days I think the chances of failure are higher. I added the extra 2 years warranty to my new car as I'm also planning on keeping it for at least 5 years, and with the cost of DPF,'s, DSG's & MMI systems it's well worth it in my eyes.

0 0 0

3. Re: Extended warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B5NUT View Post
    What engine do you have? extra warranty is like flipping a coin, you will either need it or not! However with the complexity of the cars these days I think the chances of failure are higher. I added the extra 2 years warranty to my new car as I'm also planning on keeping it for at least 5 years, and with the cost of DPF,'s, DSG's & MMI systems it's well worth it in my eyes.
    I've got a 3.0l, 272bhp on order. S Tronic and Quattro too so I wouldn't want a bill for either of those! Are you able to add the warranty further down the line just? I know things like gap insurance need taken out at the time.

0 0 0

4. Re: Extended warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    I managed to get GAP when the car was 10 months old - the provider accepted that my own insurance covered it for the first year.

I also added extended warranty as the car approached 3 years old although it's a policy offered by my local dealership (a chain) which is spec'd to be very similar to the audi one (but a lot cheaper). They will even let you add it after warranty expires subject to a vehicle inspection - did it for my Wife's A1. It did help that the dealership provided the car and had done all of the services.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

1 1 0

5. Re: Extended warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    As mentioned, it is like flipping a coin - could you put that grand and a bit away and should you need to use, you can...or are you likely to have more than 1k of repairs in which case the warranty is needed...or will you have any issues at all

My C6 ran out of warranty and from memory, I either extended it for 1 year and then had a 2-3 year gap before extending again or I just had a 2-3 year gap after the original 3 year expired before renewing.
    in those 2-3 years, nothing went wrong. In the time I extended, I had both manifolds replaced, heater blower and something else that I cant remember...paid off that warranty in no time.

On that example, I would have wasted 2-3 years of paying £1200 on warranty but equally all the issues I had could have happened then. I have the same decision to make on my A7 which runs out later on in the year. The A3 we didn't extend this year (ran out last year) so far touchwood, service/healthcheck/mot are all clear and it runs fine. But its on 58k so who knows
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

6. Re: Extended warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I see it as buying peace of mind and fixing your costs. I’m positive that Audi don’t lose money on the product, but I’m also positive they pay a lot less for parts and labour.

On average you might save money skipping the extended warranty, but if the vehicle does develop issues or has component(s) that fail more often than other models in the range then you could be well ahead. It comes down to whether you would be more annoyed at paying for an unused warranty or paying for repairs out of your own pocket.

0 0 0

7. Re: Extended warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fest0r View Post
    I see it as buying peace of mind and fixing your costs. I’m positive that Audi don’t lose money on the product, but I’m also positive they pay a lot less for parts and labour.

On average you might save money skipping the extended warranty, but if the vehicle does develop issues or has component(s) that fail more often than other models in the range then you could be well ahead. It comes down to whether you would be more annoyed at paying for an unused warranty or paying for repairs out of your own pocket.
    I see your points. I like the idea of having no potential scares. Obviously I will have to pay for this privilege. Once it is factored as a few quid extra per month over 5 years, it isn't a massive outlay.

0 1 0