1. Question can you turn your lights off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so, if the car is running(parked) and you turn the light control to "0", do your exterior (Front and rear) LED's turn off? mine don't. its really annoying me, off should mean off. Dealer says thats the way this car is. is mine unique or is he right? particularly for the rears its bugging me - I noticed it as we were testing the lights on the caravan, mrs standing behind the caravan, kept telling me I had the lights on - "no I don't" "yes they are" (repeat a few times more loudly). The car seems to send "tail lights on" to the trailer permanently (I have witter 13 pin).
    I read something in the handbook about DRL's being set to always on in some countries?

0 0 0

2. Re: can you turn your lights off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Drls are on permanently. Even when light switch is off off.

You can enable a menu option to turn your Drls off on my coding thread if you have odbeleven etc but it's hardly as convenient as switching the light switch to 0

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

1 0 0

3. Re: can you turn your lights off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    On mine the front and rear daytime running lights stay on. I think I saw a new app on OBD11 to enable a menu to turn them off? If so, might be a free coding option too.
    Former Q7 owner

1 0 0

4. Re: can you turn your lights off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks guys. have read your enormous coding thread top to bottom. This is not something I have ever done myself on a car, is there any warranty issue? The guys who fitted my towbar electrics (westfalia) coded my car for a good couple of hours (they said it needed every module) so I have had it done before. Is it something I can legitimately ask the dealer to do ? I also saw there is tourist mode (RHD<->LHD dip adjust) in the external lighting in your thread , I would also like this, I don't know how this is enabled otherwise (unless the car does it automatically it based on satnav location), I have a query into the dealer about this as well.

Also on the lights seems that "on" doesn't mean on either. I noticed it the other day, left the lights turned to "on". didn't get beeped at (As I would have on my old A6) and the car happily shut the lights off with the switch in that position when I locked it. its almost a useless switch, wish it would just do what it says on it!sometimes there are times when you really want the lights off (or on) regardless of what the car may think is best! I wish it was easier to disable some of this auto stuff (I have disabled auto full beam in MMI, hated it as I was always itching to flick the switch wondering when it was going to do it roughly half a second later than I would...).

0 0 0

5. Re: can you turn your lights off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Hi Ian.

It's perfectly safe to do and yes you could even ask your dealer to do it. Just take a copy of the coding for the drl menu option on the coding thread on this forum to them and say please do this.

If they don't you can do yourself with an odbeleven device or if you meet a fellow owner who has one they can do it too.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

6. Re: can you turn your lights off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I had this on one of my old cars... VW Scirocco, it used to drive me crazy. They weren't LED DLRs either they were just regular lights... people used to flash me all the time to say I had my lights on. Thankfully my Q5 does turn off when you switch from Auto to Off but looks like I'm going to be annoyed by the Q7s DLRs being constantly on... may have to look at this coding option!

0 0 0