Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    Great stuff Larserso

That is the seat control module so your all good. Just need to add the buttons in the door, new trim and a bit of wiring + coding and your good to go.

I'll PM you.

Andy
    Perfect! Looking forward for more details

0 0 0

2. Re: Passenger Seat Memory Buttons Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi again!
    I finally got the time to try this retrofit today. I coded module 36 seat memory as from Andys log after doing the wiring. But do I have to do more coding? I believe I once read that two modules needed coding, but I can't find it now. The ligts in the buttons work, but the red light at the "set"-button won't ligth up so I can save seat positions. In the menu for drivers seat I have now a new option for saving seat position with key, but it's grey and it's a message that chosen system is not available at the moment. I wonder what I am missing...

0 0 0

3. Re: Passenger Seat Memory Buttons Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Drop me a PM or email Larserso

I'll help you fill in the missing coding

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

4. Re: Passenger Seat Memory Buttons Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Andy delivers as always Thank you so very much once again! I finally have working seat memory in my Q7. As a bonus the easy entry also started working as well (don't know why it didn't work earlier and the Audi dealer was not able to fix it...)

It's really great that I don't have to wait forever to enter the car after my wife has driven it

Some pictures from the job attached:

IMG_2937.jpg
    IMG_2941.jpg
    IMG_2945.jpg

0 1 0

5. Re: Passenger Seat Memory Buttons Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Great stuff Lars. Glad we got it all sorted in the end!

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

6. Re: Passenger Seat Memory Buttons Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello together,

I want to retrofit the Seat Memory in my 2017 S5 B9. I've got the electric seats and mirrors, so it should Work. I already bought all parts i Need and i know how to Wire the 5 Pin connector. The only Thing i didnt know is how to do the coding... I think its changing Byte 2 Bit0 to 1 in the Stg 36. That's all in the 36? And as I read before there is some coding necessary in the Stg 42?

I Hope someone ( maybe the expert @andyhud007 ) can Help me, because that's the Last Thing i Need to know before i can start.

The current settings are

Stg 36:
    00 42 10 04 00 0C B0 01 00 03 01 01 41 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 00 02

Stg 42:
    00 5D 5B 52 50 08 00 8C 00 00 34 B0

Greets

0 0 0

7. Re: Passenger Seat Memory Buttons Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Andy

I know it's an old thread but, just a quick question. I have q7 e-tron 2016 with the seat module under the driver seat and I've already installed the memory buttons and the original wiring from a car with memory seats, my problem is the actual codding to enable it. I can't find the correct code for the drivers seat.
    can you help
    thanks in advance
    Nick

sorted now
    Last edited by karlos111; 28-03-2021 at 12:37 PM.

0 0 0

8. Re: Passenger Seat Memory Buttons Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi @karlos111 / @andyhud007

I’ve just retrofitted the memory buttons in my Audi Q7 4M (2016). Seat and door modules are present. Seats are fully electric with lumbar support, not heated though. Mirrors are fully electric with dimming/heated/folding.

Wiring from an original loom was used for the physical door connections (3 pins that go to the blue connector block, 2 for + and ground). Power is good (the memory switch button backlighting comes on), but the buttons need activating. Nothing happens yet when pushing them (no red LED activity when pushing any combination of them).

I’m in the same position as you were with the coding I’m using OBDeleven for the changes, and have already retrofitted the reverse camera (so I’m pretty familiar with the coding process).

Can you confirm the coding back to me please sir?

Once this is sorted I will eventually be doing the same retrofit on the passenger side, if you have any variations to the coding there…?

John

0 0 0

9. Re: Passenger Seat Memory Buttons Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by creamchild View Post
    Hi @karlos111 / @andyhud007

I’ve just retrofitted the memory buttons in my Audi Q7 4M (2016). Seat and door modules are present. Seats are fully electric with lumbar support, not heated though. Mirrors are fully electric with dimming/heated/folding.

Wiring from an original loom was used for the physical door connections (3 pins that go to the blue connector block, 2 for + and ground). Power is good (the memory switch button backlighting comes on), but the buttons need activating. Nothing happens yet when pushing them (no red LED activity when pushing any combination of them).

I’m in the same position as you were with the coding I’m using OBDeleven for the changes, and have already retrofitted the reverse camera (so I’m pretty familiar with the coding process).

Can you confirm the coding back to me please sir?

Once this is sorted I will eventually be doing the same retrofit on the passenger side, if you have any variations to the coding there…?

John
    Hi John
    It's been a while since I've done it, but I remember I've changed settings in the seat module to memory seats and also in the mirrors. Then you'll need to do full calibration of the seat.
    Hope that helps
    Regards
    Nick

0 0 0

10. Re: Passenger Seat Memory Buttons Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello! I'm looking to retrofit the memory buttons for both front seats in my right hand drive Irish 2016 Q7. I have power folding mirrors and electric heated sports seats. Like many here my wife and I differ in height considerably so this would be a very useful retrofit! Has someone compiled a guide for this retrofit by any chance? Can obdeleven pro be used for the coding? If someone could help with the needed part numbers I'd be willing to source and give this a go! Thanks

0 0 0

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast