my friend has a identical Golf except registered in June
    his vehicle came up as not to pay ?
    so investigated sent email to gov.U.K.
    And now they have changed it to not pay,
    so any VW golf owners 2014 GTD
    PLEASE get your vehicle Reg rechecked.
    as you may not have to pay .
    hope this helps someone , mine has now
    been changed on the gov site as no payment required.

0 0 0

2. Re: Birmingham CAZ wrong info for VWGolf 2014 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    One of my customers has a 2015 A5 and is having to pay £11 a day... don't worry though, it makes Grungy Turburg happy

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 2 0

3. Re: Birmingham CAZ wrong info for VWGolf 2014 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Starkcode, what is Euro status of your car. it cant be 6. as i thought Birmingham would of copied london minimum of Euro6 for diesel.

the mayor of london has shafted perfectly good cars into the long grass. Hes taken it for a given all earn £150000k like him. (typical labour in words only).

cant understand how Nottingham are now not having a LEZ (on the news) because somehow they bought down pollution not to have one.

0 0 0

4. Re: Birmingham CAZ wrong info for VWGolf 2014 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I am SO relived they are dropping Nottingham's clean air zone stupidity, my workshops would be right in the middle and it would have seriously put people off coming into Nottingham, even if their car was complaint as they would err to caution, as evidence of this, look at how few people keep to the left in part time bus lanes when they are not in operation. If the MOT stations did their job and took illegally modified cars off the road, there would not be an air quality problem in UK cities.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Birmingham CAZ wrong info for VWGolf 2014 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Which vehicles will be affected by the Birmingham Clean Air Zone?

Any diesel car not conforming to Euro 6 emission standards and any petrol car not conforming to Euro 4 emission standards will need to pay the CAZ charge.
    Diesel cars that meet the standards are generally those registered with the DVLA after 1 September 2015.
    Petrol cars that meet the ULEZ standards are generally those registered with the DVLA after 1 January 2006.
    The diesel/petrol engine on hybrid vehicles must meet the relevant criteria above.

2014golfgtd=euro5?

0 0 0

6. Re: Birmingham CAZ wrong info for VWGolf 2014 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If you Google Birmingham this subject fills the first page above their football club! What stuns me about this one and London is how unaware people are, the plans were published years ago. In 2017 Nottingham published their "Go low 2020" plan but someone took them to court and stopped it which is why I think they abandoned it, to expensive to fight in court. Maybe some of Birmingham's wealthy business people should get together and give the council a roasting in court?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Birmingham CAZ wrong info for VWGolf 2014 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    there were actually ULEZ signs up outside the a406, in the suburbs and so forth over a decade ago.

but i cant recall them saying about it in the media a decade ago only a few years ago.

in the end its not about peoples lives its about revenue/tax collection, ciggrette smoke is no less worse then the ice if you put face up against the exhaust. ciggrettes should have dpf's cats too.

0 0 0

8. Cool Re: Birmingham CAZ wrong info for VWGolf 2014 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats what I was led to believe initially , but some Volkswagen models in 2014 already meet the levels required for Euro 6 , is what has been said, so they have actually changed mine from paying £8 to now being OK , and not having to pay Mine was registered May 2014 , I only found out because a friend of mine queried his , and he told me, he's not paying any CAZ charge either
    we have identical 2014 GTD's his was Registered June 2014. So don't know what they're playing at as if I hadn't asked I would still be paying. £8.00 now.
    Just thought if it helps just one person worth putting on here to help others.
    Stay well everyone.

Conformity.jpg
    Last edited by Starkcode; 22-07-2021 at 11:33 AM. Reason: mistake in text

1 0 0

9. Re: Birmingham CAZ wrong info for VWGolf 2014 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    thats a result, get your log book updated.

0 0 0

10. Re: Birmingham CAZ wrong info for VWGolf 2014 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers i'll look into it ? But as already now changed on gov.org , don't actually think it may be necessary.

But thanks anyway.

0 0 0