1. Re: CARS MEANING OF LIFE - AUDI TT project 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, we need to move on We replace shocks with new one from K-Sport, Brembo brakes are mounted, and we made custom exhaust that will be mounted next week. So, I am sharing some pictures from today customization.

0 0 0

2. Re: CARS MEANING OF LIFE - AUDI TT project 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

3. Re: CARS MEANING OF LIFE - AUDI TT project 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Exhaust is fixed, now we need to make two blends and polish all parts

0 1 0

4. Re: CARS MEANING OF LIFE - AUDI TT project 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We need to move on. Still working on the car performance, but "small gift" arrived so I am sharing some pictures of it

Please check Recaro CS beauties.

P.S

Is there any1 who do not like them ?

0 1 0

5. Re: CARS MEANING OF LIFE - AUDI TT project 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We need to move on. After internal discussion, we decide change old 310mm front discs with new 345mm discs.

... and we mount custom exhaust that we previously made.

0 1 0

6. Re: CARS MEANING OF LIFE - AUDI TT project 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, the project had to suffer due to uncoordinated terms and obstacles that we encountered, i.e. the high-pressure mechanical pump was the major problem, although it has already been replaced by a new one, which was reflected in the loss of power at high RPM.

We replaced the HPFP housing with the new Hitachi model (for the second time), and we also changed the internal HPFP AutoTech kit.

After that, we decided to change the pump in the tank, so we replace it with a pump from the Audi R8 model. Again we encountered a minor problem, i.e. original TT 2.0 TFSI pump had 16A supply and new one LPFP from the Audi R8 required a 40A source. The problem was solved when we received Torqbyte PM3 module. For now everything works fine, we are waiting for a new map, so we'll see after new remap where our borders are.

What we did on the engine, I'll mention again:

New K04 Turbo from the Audi TTS
    Forge blow off
    Forge cold intake
    Forge catch can
    S3 injectors
    AutoTech HPFP
    New Hitachi HPFP
    New R8 LPFP LPFP
    Torqbyte PM3 module for LPFP
    A new fuel high-pressure sensor
    A new fuel low-pressure sensor
    New 6 bar fuel filter
    New RS4 PRV
    Wagnertuning TTRS inter cooler
    All the pipes around the intercooler
    Down pipe
    The entire fi76mm exhaust system

In the meantime we also replace old seats with new Recaro CS seats, also we replaced whole interior (carpets, sky, panels, etc.).

0 0 0

7. Re: CARS MEANING OF LIFE - AUDI TT project 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Finlay I will share some photos of the car, before new Methanol kit arrive I hope you will like it

0 0 0

8. Re: CARS MEANING OF LIFE - AUDI TT project 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First off all sorry I didn’t update this topic so long. The car is assembled, two month before, and we had one month before first test on racing track. Car have 370HP, we replace Z-Performance alloys with Bola together with Toyo R888R R19 tires.

Custom made Roll bar is mounted.

I will share some track photos. We had around 5-6 rows on the NAVAK racing track (3.5 Km) where we take third place, among 50+ cars that day (we had better time than some R8, 911, WRX etc).

To cool down engine more, we upgrade fueling with new Torqbyte CMS-LT WMI system (one of the best WMI systems, to be precise from my perspective for shore the best WMI system on the market).

Also we upgrade LPFP system with TTRS LPFP, Torqbyte PM3 power controller, plus Torqbyte J538 module, to get most precise fueling, to exclude pump and module overheating and cuts (which is the common problem on the track).

So after first test on the track, and just 5 rows, our clutch was gone . Second problem was engine overheating and some oil leaking. Oil leaking was solved with iAbed sport rear main seal.

Second step was to replace original DQ250 DSG clutch pack with the performance clutch pack.

Still handing was one of the problems to, so we replace default differential with Quaife LSD.

Then oil cooling was our next priority. Regarding oil temp of the engine and DSG gearbox can be too high, which is normal for the track usage, so we mount iAbed external engine and DSG oil cooling.

Also we replaced Ferodo DS300 braking pads, racing brake fluid, Racing Motul 300V oil, interior rebuild etc.

0 0 0

9. Re: CARS MEANING OF LIFE - AUDI TT project 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After almost two years or tuning, testing, filming my AUDI TT 8J PROJECT is finished. Movie called “CARS – MEANING OF LIFE” will be online at 22.APRIL. So if you want to see how we build racing/daily AUDI TT please look at my short trailer, SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel and watch the movie.

https://youtu.be/rT_Uww4OWHQ

0 1 0

10. Re: CARS MEANING OF LIFE - AUDI TT project 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Epic!
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast