Quote Originally Posted by gordonmac View Post
Hi Chief,
I asked Seat UK to investigate independently of local garage. They would not do so unless I told them where I bought it from and the reg etc. So their response wasn't exactly independent in my opinion. The upshot was that they say my iPod classic is not compatible with the car due to its age. I asked about the other Apple products and was told that they were not compatible either due to their age. When I asked why a Samsung galaxy s3 of the same age works okay they had no response. When I asked why my iPod classic worked fine in a loan car with full link they had no answer.
Ive come to the conclusion that they do not make the radio units so have no idea of its workings or compatibility.
As far as I can make out the full link system should give access to your phone and everything on it. However I think it might be more of a Bluetooth connection rather than a physical USB one. I don't suppose that's much help but it seems as though technology has outstripped the knowledge that these people have. I think you need to pursue the issue until you're happy with the outcome or accept a reasonable compromise.
Best of luck.
Thanks, gordonmac.

There are some puzzling factors here.....before I had the Full Link "activated" the USB slot did recognise that there was a USB device plugged in (although I got an error) - now it doesn't recognise anything - no error message or anything. Also, it turns out that for MY16 cars and older with the USB socket in the arm rest, if you wanted Full Link, the dealer had to not only activate it, but also had to replace the USB slot itself with another slot (higher powered maybe?). My car is MY17 so shouldn't need the USB hardware changing (apparently) but it is strange that since Full Link was activated it will only charge devices and NOT recognise them as having media on them.

I have it booked in on Wednesday morning. Let's see what happens.