1. Alhambra not recognising iPod 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    We have a new Alhambra SE Lux that doesn't recognise any of my Apple products. I tried several cables including an original Apple iPod one. I've tried IPod classic, iPod nano and iPhone 4. Each time car screen starts with reading USB device then finishes with error cannot read USB device. Devices show that they are receiving power through the cables but won't play in car.
    Looking on internet I found a cable with iPod connectors and 3.5mm audio that ended in USB connector. I thought that was the way forward but I asked the vendor to confirm and he has replied suggesting that I need a software download to sort out my problem. I've asked the main dealer and they didn't have a clue so it's booked in for next Friday.
    I just wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar.
    cheers.

0 0 0

2. Re: Alhambra not recognising iPod 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2014 SE Lux and only an ipod classic will work, not my iphone 6.
    I have the socket in the arm rest and I think I had to buy a new cable to get it to work.
    I'll have a look to see if there are any identification marks on the cable.

0 0 0

3. Re: Alhambra not recognising iPod 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The cable is marked:- 000.051.446.C 3212 CHINA/ESS and has the VW logo

0 0 0

4. Re: Alhambra not recognising iPod 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

5. Re: Alhambra not recognising iPod 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also on ebay for a fiver

0 0 0

6. Re: Alhambra not recognising iPod 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you for the suggestion David but that link is for an MDI cable. I don't have easy access to an MDI port. The connections in the arm rest appear to be USB and 3.5mm aux only. Unless there is an MDI port somewhere that I haven't looked!

0 0 0

7. Re: Alhambra not recognising iPod 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you tried connecting with bluetooth? I've had an Alhambra since 2011 and my iPhone (5C) has always worked fine with BT although occasionally I have to unplug (effectively reboot) the BT unit in the Alhambra (it sits under the driver's seat). If you are playing music from the phone you have to play the music first on the iPhone otherwise it will not show up as a source on the radio (BT audio) under Media input. But mine is a basic model so probably a more primitive HiFi. You should also try with a more modern iPhone.. the 4 is a bit ... retro?

0 1 0

8. Re: Alhambra not recognising iPod 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I recognise the bt issues from my motorcycle. I have connected with BT and it works after a fashion. My preference though is to use my iPod classic with thousands of tracks on. It worked fine in my Hyundai and has just worked flawlessly in a hire car in the states so I see no reason why it shouldn't work the same way in a new Alhambra. The car does not recognise cable connection for iPhone 4, iPhone se, iPod classic or iPod nano which suggests to me an issue with the USB connection. The book is simple and clear, "works with most Apple products, simply plug USB cable into socket in arm rest and control using steering wheel controls etc etc". Ive tried an android phone which does connect but doesn't give me all the controls that I expect. Garage said that if I had the full link system it would 'probably' be okay but why pay for something that I shouldn't need and might not make a difference anyway? Going back to garage next week for a few days to give them a chance to sort it out. My guess is that they will tell me that my Apple products are not compatible. If that's the case my response will be that my Apple products including an iPhone se are compatible wuth everything else so it must be the car! Time will tell.

0 0 0

9. Re: Alhambra not recognising iPod 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    gordonmac, what is the latest state of play on this for you? I bought an ex-demonstrator MY17 184 DSB Alhambra SE Lux in August. I asked for Full Link to be activated by the dealer. They did the business (and Full Link is activated) but the USB port in the arm rest now doesn't recognise any media devices (including my iphone 6, but also it doesn't recognise USB memory sticks). I need to book it back into the dealers, but was wondering if there is anything I am missing in terms of getting the car to recognise USB devices? Strangely, the USB port DOES charge my iphone!

0 0 0

10. Re: Alhambra not recognising iPod 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Chief,
    I asked Seat UK to investigate independently of local garage. They would not do so unless I told them where I bought it from and the reg etc. So their response wasn't exactly independent in my opinion. The upshot was that they say my iPod classic is not compatible with the car due to its age. I asked about the other Apple products and was told that they were not compatible either due to their age. When I asked why a Samsung galaxy s3 of the same age works okay they had no response. When I asked why my iPod classic worked fine in a loan car with full link they had no answer.
    Ive come to the conclusion that they do not make the radio units so have no idea of its workings or compatibility.
    As far as I can make out the full link system should give access to your phone and everything on it. However I think it might be more of a Bluetooth connection rather than a physical USB one. I don't suppose that's much help but it seems as though technology has outstripped the knowledge that these people have. I think you need to pursue the issue until you're happy with the outcome or accept a reasonable compromise.
    Best of luck.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast