1. Alhambra auto start/stop 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    We are very fortunate to have taken delivery of a brand new Alhambra SE Lux just last week. On the first day we went for a familiarisation drive and the auto start/stop function worked well. That night I went out in the dark but it didn't work at all. I presumed it was because the headlights were on etc. Next day we went out and it still doesn't work. Dashboard shows A symbol with a line through it suggesting that the feature is not available.
    Looking through the handbook I think we satisfy all the conditions for it to work except parking assist is on. Now I thought parking assist was automatically on and it had to be turned off via the switch. If that is the case that means that I have to turn it off for normal driving but then turn it back on just before I start my parking manoeuvres. That doesn't seem right somehow.
    Has anyone got any ideas of what I can try or what I'm doing wrong?

cheers.

0 0 0

2. Re: Alhambra auto start/stop 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    I never owned a car with stop start but believe it doesn't work if the engine isn't up to full temeprature or you are going through a DPF regen cycle. I did have use of an Alhambra at work last year, nice car but i never noticed the stop start on it as we only had one T junction between hotel and work and never had to stop at it (Shetland roads!).

1 0 0

3. Re: Alhambra auto start/stop 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks Rob. I agree with the running temp bit. In fact there is a long list of requirements for this feature to work. As I said, I think I've complied with all of them but it still doesn't work.

0 0 0

4. Re: Alhambra auto start/stop 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Gordon, Also collected a new SE lux last week. Couple of times i forgot to switch start stop off it has worked ok. The park assist system has the letter P next to a steering wheel icon that you switch on when you wish to park and car will steer itself into the space . The Parking distance warning is the P with sound waves to a cone which should come on automatically on selection of reverse gear or doing less than 15 mph and is displayed as distance lines to front or rear along with an audible tone.
    Found in the Skoda section list of all the Criteria for stop start to work Stop/Start

0 0 0

5. Re: Alhambra auto start/stop 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you HM. It would seem that I don't have the parking assist as I don't have the button with the steering wheel. The auto stop/start switch is always on (we haven't turned it off as far as we know and the light is off). There is an extremely long list of conditions for this function to work and I think we comply. The only one I'm not sure of is the cabin temperature. Was working fine yesterday but then stopped again last night. Perhaps cabin temperature is the clue. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

0 0 0