Notices

User Tag List

Thread: New car + phone, music, connect advice please.

1. New car + phone, music, connect advice please. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi.. I pick up a ex demo car in April, max 3k miles, switching from a Passat sports estate, I considered changing a year ago and test drove a BMW 3 series touring, I didn't like that at all, drove the new A4 Avant and it just felt good straightaway. 😀

A4 Avant S.line 190 tdi Quattro, tech pack amongst other options.

I use a Samsung S7, so will be using Android auto.

I have all my music on my phone and also a IPod touch.

3 years Audi connect is also included.

If anyone can advise what will be the best way to use/set up the above will be appreciated.

Cheers Jeff.

0 0 0

2. Re: New car + phone, music, connect advice please. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello Jeff,

I have the same 190 Quattro Avant with Tech Pack and absolutely love it. This is my third A4 in a row and this car is by far the best. I also have a S7, albeit an Edge.

I use a mix of either Google Play or Amazon music to play my music through android auto. Works really well - I have a small cable I keep in the arm rest to connect the phone through one of the USB ports.

In addition I also have a couple of SD cards (used them in the previous Audis) with music loaded and they work well also. So sometimes I just put the handset in the arm rest for wireless charging and use the Audi interfaces. Being able to reliably dictate text messages on the go etc is fantastic.

Hope the above helps and that you enjoy your new car. I know that I am certainly enjoying mine.

Cheers,

Dave
    MY2017 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI S line 190 Quattro S tronic (Daytona Grey) - Technology Pack, 19" '5-V spoke alloy wheels
    Previously: MY2014 A4 2.0 TDI SE Technic (Scuba Blue) - High Beam Assist
    MY2010 A4 2.0 TDIe SE (Lava Grey) - B&O, Adaptive Xenons, Bluetooth, Parking System Advanced.

0 0 0

3. Re: New car + phone, music, connect advice please. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Dave, thank you for your reply,

Your third A4!! That says everything. I'm really looking forward to picking the car up, all I've heard is excellent reports. I wasn't sure if I should use the iPod touch for music, but it's great to hear Android auto works so well.
    Do you use the wd cards in a flash drive?

Cheers

Jeff.

0 0 0

4. Re: New car + phone, music, connect advice please. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Jeff,

There are two SD slots in the glovebox - so really easy to quickly copy music to these from my laptop and play in the car, so no need for a flash drive.

Personally, I have one of the SD cards full of my daughters music (save's complaints that my music is rubbish!) so I can play that when she is in the car - otherwise, I play my music through phone, other SD card or the inbuilt jukebox. I previously streamed music through Spotify but now use Amazon Music and the streaming works well for me.

In my last A4 I had Audi's Music Interface - basically an iPod interface and cable linked to the stereo and controlling the iPod by the MMI - and used to connect my trusty iPod classic as it had all my music. However, the new system is so flexible and easy to use that I've not missed this at all in the new car.

Personal opinion but I think the technology in my current Audi is fantastic and miles ahead of my previous A4's. You have made an excellent choice.

Regards,

Dave
    MY2017 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI S line 190 Quattro S tronic (Daytona Grey) - Technology Pack, 19" '5-V spoke alloy wheels
    Previously: MY2014 A4 2.0 TDI SE Technic (Scuba Blue) - High Beam Assist
    MY2010 A4 2.0 TDIe SE (Lava Grey) - B&O, Adaptive Xenons, Bluetooth, Parking System Advanced.

0 0 0

5. Re: New car + phone, music, connect advice please. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi again Dave,

The salesman wasn't brilliant on the tech side of things, no mention of either the jukebox or those sd card slots, I have Amazon music too.
    haha, I know exactly what you mean in others taste in music choice!!
    Glad your happy with your A4 and thanks again, I think I'll be driving with a smile on my face.

Cheers

Jeff.

0 0 0