Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    N8 BHC is an EU5 so there is no way I would drop umpteen £K on a car I won't be able to use in three years time, 12 (that must be a pricey plate) is now on a Merc so I can't tell what the emissions are on that one.
    Very good point Crasher! It was only from September 2015 that all cars had to be EU6, my wife's Golf 1.6TDi bought in March 2015 was only EU5 and is being traded in next week for a petrol Golf for exactly this reason, with it likely to be harder to sell EU5 diesels going forward. The 2.0 A6 switched to EU6 with the introduction of the Ultra and I think all of the 3.0 engines were made EU6 at the same time as the facelift. Whatever it is almost certain that a 2012 car is only going to be EU5 and subject to more rapid depreciation as the policies planned by Sadiq Khan (Ultra Low Emission Zone) and also Westminster City Council (50% hike for parking a diesel car) get adopted by other councils. Fingers crossed that Audi sees sense and makes petrol versions (other than the S6 and RS6) of the C8 available in the UK

0 0 0

2. Re: Car comparison - please! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Forgive me... EU5, when yo say cant use do you mean legally or from a cost point of view? I dont know much about the regulations and changes ill be honest - the second car is on - AV12JYG

0 0 0

3. Re: Car comparison - please! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sh4d0w View Post
    Forgive me... EU5, when yo say cant use do you mean legally or from a cost point of view? I dont know much about the regulations and changes ill be honest - the second car is on - AV12JYG
    You can still use it. However from October this year non-EU4 or later cars will have to pay a £10 a day surcharge on top of the congestion charge in London and expectations are that that is only the beginning and eventually any pre EU6 car will be liable for the charge and over a much larger area. I am sure that the good council officials in Liverpool and Manchester will be keeping an eye on this and if it is seen to reduce emissions then they will follow suit. They will no doubt also want to see if they can charge more for parking diesels, and the intial reports on the proposed scheme for Westminster would suggest this is any diesel not just the older "dirtier" ones.

All of these schemes are likely to reduce the attractiveness of diesels and thus force down the value. The point I would make, and I think Crasher was also making, is make sure the price you pay reflects that the cars may start to show a more aggressive level of depreciation than would be expected based on past experience and prove harder to sell in 3 years time

0 1 0

4. Re: Car comparison - please! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sh4d0w View Post
    Forgive me... EU5, when yo say cant use do you mean legally or from a cost point of view?
    It's all a bit vague at the moment, I haven't seen anything that says no you can't come in under any circumstances BUT I am sure that will come.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

5. Re: Car comparison - please! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

I am still going through the "convice yourself to buy" stage with the first car.

Can anyone add anything to help me decide?

I can get the N8 BHC A6 Avant, 3ltr Q S-Line for £16,850. Should i?

The chap selling to me said he has not had to register the car as himself, how does this work?? so on the V5 it has only one owner still - i think he has a garage on his land so maybe a trader thing?
    It had its MOT Yesterday with no issues.

I am going to call Audi for a history check today.

0 0 0

6. Re: Car comparison - please! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    also, the private plate is coming with the car - N8 BHC. if that adds any vlaue

0 0 0

7. Re: Car comparison - please! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    From his original advert;

ITS NOW SHOWING 67000 MILES BUT IM DRIVING IT EVERY DAY SO THIS WILL INCRESE
    Mot Checker shows;
    • Test date27 March 2017
    • Expiry date30 March 2018
    • Test ResultPass
    • Odometer reading68,862 miles
    1800 miles since that listing went up on eBay and he's not the registered keeper. Time to walk away.

If you really wanted it, you'd have bought it already

Edit: Private plate adds no value imho.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

8. Re: Car comparison - please! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Mileage at first listing was
    which was 24th Feb - what are your thoughts on that buddy

0 0 0

9. Re: Car comparison - please! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There are three listings visible from your original link above, but the fact the report in Feb shows ~700 miles more than the text in his advert suggests there are more attempts to sell it on eBay that we can't see.

If it were my money, I'd want to know why he's using it without registering it, why it hasn't sold and why he's not registered as a business seller when he's clearly a trader.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

10. Re: Car comparison - please! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    N8 BHC shows on the cars build sheet PR code "7MG Emission standard EU5" and is definitely registered as an EU5. There is no way on God's earth I would drop the best part of £17k on a non EU6 Diesel, in a year or two it will be worth nothing, in fact probaly almost unsaleable.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast