0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

RE: 2015 Audi a3 1.6 TDi

Anti corrosion warranty

Problem 1 : Rear axle has large rust spots all over the axle.
    Problem 2 : Water/condensation build up in the headlights.

Seeing that the car is under 3 years old and still has over 1 year of manufacturers warranty still remaining, i was wondering if anyone has any idea if Audi UK would honour warranty repair/replace for the above 2 problems?

Also has anyone else experienced the same problem with their car and have Audi accepted that this is a manufacture defect and have they honoured a warranty repair?

Looking forward to hearing from you all

Thanks
    Cameron

0 0 0

2. Re: corrossion warranty rear axle ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    I've seen underneath several cars 5 or 6 years old with quite severe rusting of the underbody steelwork, I've got a pal who had a 7 year old golf that had lived on a farm and it was rotten underneath, the black paint doesn't seem to be the best and there is no other sealant or treatment applied, it's just bare black paint. You could go and let them know your thoughts but I doubt you'll have any joy regarding repairs or repainting.

I got a 2015 Up! for my wife 18 months ago, a few months into ownership I got it up on a ramp and applied Dynax S50 to all the black steelwork, it's still looking good coming through 2 winters, A guy at work also applied this under his new golf last year. If it's bothering you, you might want to consider doing this once you've cleaned and touched up the rusting areas, I doubt Audi will do this for you but you could try!
    You should get the headlights sorted under warranty though.

1 0 0

3. Re: corrossion warranty rear axle ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    just had to sort my 80 out, had the axle and front subframe shot blasted and powder coated so should be good for another 20 years. see, audi used to be able to make em last, seems they have lost that magic touch.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

1 1 0

4. Re: corrossion warranty rear axle ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    I think the component suppliers (subframes, wishbones etc ) just give them a cursory blow of black paint and ship them out the door to bolted under the car.

0 2 0

5. Re: corrossion warranty rear axle ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    should see the state of some newish korean things, proper rotten at first mot.. at least you can get parts for vag acrs, korean stuff you usually cant, even wishbones. mind you i have seen newish vag thats got more rust than my 80.. new cars are just not meant to last, simple as that, built to a budget.. a rather tight budget. best thing to do if its a keeper is to strip it down and rebuild it properly.. get everything blasted and galved or painted ..

0 1 0

6. Re: corrossion warranty rear axle ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    You're right there, i think we'll see more modern cars (especially CR diesels) being scrapped before 10 years old as they become too expensive to keep going and worthless on the used market.

0 1 0

7. Re: corrossion warranty rear axle ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    see so many though , esp anything common rail, with faults that people are trying to sell, cheap fix, only 25 quid on ebay, yeah right..

0 2 0

8. Re: corrossion warranty rear axle ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    I saw a pals pain a few years back, 4 year old Ford Galaxy Ghia, umpteen thousand pounds worth to him . looks like it had a dripping injector which hydraulic locked the engine, bent conrod, 3k to fix that and still not running right, he was recommended then to replace all fuel injection gear, cut his losses and traded it in for way less than market value as poor runner.

2 1 0

9. Re: corrossion warranty rear axle ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    method in the madness of running about in a few hundreds worth of old shed. sure i would be upset if i lost my 80, but it wouldnt hurt me financially, apart from the newsih tyres and sony dab stereo... and anything i have left in it, but the actual car, owes me nothing, i owe it..

0 2 0

10. Re: corrossion warranty rear axle ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zollaf View Post
    method in the madness of running about in a few hundreds worth of old shed. sure i would be upset if i lost my 80, but it wouldnt hurt me financially, apart from the newsih tyres and sony dab stereo... and anything i have left in it, but the actual car, owes me nothing, i owe it..
    I think you’ve got that wrong. How can you consider the legendry classic Audi 80 avant a shed, it’s not. Even though I don’t own one of these classics, it hurts me when I see a classic used as a work horse or being scrapped.
    I don’t suppose you can post a few pictures of your Avant. There is certainly not many around.

Back to the topic – Seeing that my a3 is less than 3 years old, surely Audi UK should sort out the rear axle as it must come under Audi 12 years anti corrosion warranty? Or am I missing something here?

Thanks
    Cameron

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast