Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

I have been a lurker for some time as i keep finding myself back here from Google.

So, i currently own a Ford Mondeo TitX Sport 2012, its with the ford garage for the 3rd time in 2 years after the 5th, yes 5th none-fault incident! so, its time to get rid of it. I have been looking at the A6 Avants for some time now so i might as-well go german now.

I have two young children and a dog & also have a large amount of fishing gear that i need to carry around at a weekend so it has to be the Avant, what i am unsure on is:

A) Engines - I was all set for the 2ltr TDI, but having read a few other posts i see that the general advice is to aim for the 3ltr V6, is this still the case on the newer engines? what are the Pros and Cons please, i commute 10 miles a day, hardly any other miles in the week now'a days but motorway journey alternate Sunday's

B) Model - I am looking at the S-Line - cant afford a black edition. i prefer the styling. is there anything i should be wary about or take into consideration when deciding on a model ?

C) Transmission - I have just turned 30 so its time to become lazy, it has to be an Auto. I see on some adverts Multitronic and not on others, again... is there any advice i can take from you guys on the trans? also, Quattro or not. we live in Stockport so not exactly hilly, never snows, only time 4WD may come in handy is the ODD fishing trip?

D) Real life MPG - I see the MPG on paper which looks fantastic, what could i expect on avg in reality, IE, what engine do you have and what is your avg, MPG?

My Budget is about £17k

Many thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Looking to buy a 2012/13 C7 Avant 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    I made the same transition from the same car 3.5yrs ago. I would avoid the manual. Mine has had 2 replacement clutches and judders like a bitch some mornings, absolutely spoils the Audi experience.
    The 2l TDi is a great engine, I can get 55mpg+ on long runs, so if it were me I'd go for the 2.0 and have it remapped, mine is north of 220bhp and is plenty fast enough.
    Get the upgraded nav, memory seats and colour DIS if possible. They are the 3 things I wish my car had. Other than that, great car but the dogs nose will drive you mad. The rear screen is so raked that every time you pull away it will leave a nose print on the screen!

0 0 0

3. Re: Looking to buy a 2012/13 C7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    I have a 2.0 ltr multitronic S line Saloon (realise you are looking for an estate but thought I'd post my info in case interested) it's was reg November 2011 , I have had no issues with gear box, It is ESSENTIAL the gearbox oil is changed as per the service schedule.

current mileage 58000

on my 30 mile commute to work , in economy mode driving like miss daisy , I achieved 58mpg / spirited driving get around 45.00 mpg

Toys on my car

Tech Pack

which includes :

better resolution on pop up screen -plenty of pics of screen on this forum / or on tinterweb
    don't really use the touch pad , bit of a gimmick in my view.
    gives colour display between dials
    AMI (Audi music interface) - gives album art on centre screen etc
    Google Traffic / Google maps
    play DVDs on pop up screen
    AUDI connect (news , weather , fuel prices , car park space info etc) - use occasionally
    full voice control
    jukebox hardrive
    2 sd card slots
    Sim CarD Slot
    Wifi for passengers (internet connection via Sim in Dash)
    Bluetooth music Streaming

not sure which model year , but some Tech Pack cars didn't get the Sim Card Slot - You must check this if important to yourself

-----------------------

have surround cameras - pretty useful esp when coming out of my drive so I can see up/down the Rd etc.

memory seats - don't even use them

electric seats and lumber support - again convenient but not essential. (Don't think u get lumber support on the SE ? (have a dodgy back so lumber support helps , think lumber support is standard on S-line but the electric seats aren't )

advance key (keyless entry) - use it , love it.

if you get the s line it will have LED rear lights , and LED DRLs.

My only condition when buying my A6 was that it had to be the S line and have the tech Pack , wasn't bothered about the other stuff I was just lucky It had the extras.

1 1 0

4. Re: Looking to buy a 2012/13 C7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    My 2012 Avant 3.0 S Line Quattro will be available in April if you wanted to wait . My long term average mpg is 39 mpg, but on runs this is easily 45 mpg.

20150614_130044936_iOS (Large).jpg
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 1 0

5. Re: Looking to buy a 2012/13 C7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Like you im 30, I went from a 407 2.0hdi to my current A6 Avant with the 3.0 tdi Multitronic, brilliant car and haven't looked back, done about 18k this year of ownership in it without realising it. MAKE SURE GEARBOX HAS BEEN SERVICED, that's the important bit. all the auto (grouping together) boxes require servicing every 38k, for my 3.0 is £175 from Audi to have it done.
    I have the SE spec which is base but comes with nice options as standard, build quality is a lot better than ford/Peugeot and the ride is great. I haven't been in an S-line but find the ride on the SE effortless, the 3.0 215bhp engine is great, plenty of torque to get the car shifting at licence loosing speeds. Around town I get about 38/42mpg, on a run seen it average over 55mpg, I even get about 30/35mpg towing the caravan. Insurance is almost same as the 407 was and the tax is cheaper. Im averaging about 550 miles per tank so about 50 more than I did in the 407 which has same size tank.
    There is ample space for everything in the A6, be careful when trying the seat fold down flaps in the boot for the first time, it feels like its trying to sling the headrests through the windscreen, that will make sense when you try it lol.
    I fill my car with cycling kit and put bike rack on the rear, loads of space and comfortable.
    You wont look back at the Mondeo, I know I havent
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

6. Re: Looking to buy a 2012/13 C7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    If the Mondeo that you are leaving behind is an estate, I suggest you take a careful look at the load area of the A6; it is tiny.

Totally true: when I went to the dealership to collect my Avant, the saleman opened the rear hatch and I had a panic attack that the order had somehow become muddled and I had bought an A4! Just for a moment, but i genuinely couldn't believe the size of the luggage compartment.

I came from an MB E-Class estate, where there was room for a small herd of wildebeest in the back. My brother has the Mondeo estate and he has room for the wildebeest and a small pride of lions on the side. The A6 Avant has room for a couple of meerkats.

However, if you are happy with the limited carrying capacity, the A6 is a cracker of a car.

0 0 0

7. Re: Looking to buy a 2012/13 C7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinos View Post
    My 2012 Avant 3.0 S Line Quattro will be available in April if you wanted to wait . My long term average mpg is 39 mpg, but on runs this is easily 45 mpg.

20150614_130044936_iOS (Large).jpg
    How much are you asking for, what spec etc.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Looking to buy a 2012/13 C7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbore View Post
    If the Mondeo that you are leaving behind is an estate, I suggest you take a careful look at the load area of the A6; it is tiny.

Totally true: when I went to the dealership to collect my Avant, the saleman opened the rear hatch and I had a panic attack that the order had somehow become muddled and I had bought an A4! Just for a moment, but i genuinely couldn't believe the size of the luggage compartment.

I came from an MB E-Class estate, where there was room for a small herd of wildebeest in the back. My brother has the Mondeo estate and he has room for the wildebeest and a small pride of lions on the side. The A6 Avant has room for a couple of meerkats.

However, if you are happy with the limited carrying capacity, the A6 is a cracker of a car.
    Ohh!!! That isn't the news I wanted to hear. Mondeo is the Hatchback but still massive boot and loading area

0 0 0

9. Re: Looking to buy a 2012/13 C7 Avant 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sh4d0w View Post
    How much are you asking for, what spec etc.

Thanks

Love the wheels.

0 0 0

10. Re: Looking to buy a 2012/13 C7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Hi

The car is a May 2012 S Line 3.0 tdi Stronic Quattro.

Ice Silver with Black S Line seats
    S Line Sports suspension
    Aluminium dash inserts
    20" Factory Wheels
    Tech Pack, ie 2 sd card slots, sim card slot for google earth/traffic data, bigger colour sat nav screen, touch pad etc
    Audi MMI
    Full Audi service history, just had service including gearbox
    90,000 miles at present.

I have owned the car since 20k, majority of my use has been motorway/A roads on my commute to work.

Condition is very good, totally free from dents. Wheels are in excellent condition, with Pirelli matching tyres, circa 5.5mm. That shouldn't change much as I have winter wheels on at present which are not included as I am keeping for the replacement. Brake pads front and rear where done last year, so good for the next 40 - 50k based on my wear rate.

Looking for £15,000. Will be available mid April.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0