Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Caddy 1.6 TDI Trendline - after emissions modification by VW dealer.

1. Caddy 1.6 TDI Trendline - after emissions modification by VW dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi I run a 2015 VW Caddy 1.6 TDI Trendline Van which is just 2 Years old and covered just 7,000 miles, it drove great up until I had the re-call done to fix their software issues with the emissions?

As I was booking the van in for it's first service I also booked it in to have this recall work done at the same time.

However I have noticed a significant drop in miles per gallon and loss of power while driving up any slight incline, it's average MPG was showing well over 60 on the van's computer after a longish run now it's now down in the low 50's :-( also the van seems to have lost power while driving up a slight hill to the fact I thought I could hear the engine "PINKING" on one occasion? do Diesel engine's pink?

I don't know what to do as obviously the dealer can't remove this modification ? what ever they have added to the vehicle, they did mention some sort of filter added in + a Software upgrade?

Anybody else noticed a downgrade in their performance and loss of power of there van since this recall?
    Audi A4 3.0TDI Q SE Lava Grey + B&O, Audi Drive Select, Sports Seats, Sun Roof, DVD Sat Nav Plus, Blue Tooth Phone Prep, Audi Hill Assist, Rear Parking Aid, Electric Seats, Light Pack, Audi Audio Interface, MMI etc... and 4 Halfords Bulbs lol....

0 0 0

2. Re: Caddy 1.6 TDI Trendline - after emissions modification by VW dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes lots of people have had problems, I tell my customers (and anyone else who will listen) to not have the recall done. Your only way out of this is a reflash by an independent who has the software or better still, a power remap from a reputable company.
    Last edited by Crasher; 03-06-2017 at 08:00 PM.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Caddy 1.6 TDI Trendline - after emissions modification by VW dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Cheers Crasher

Yes that's not what I wanted to hear :-(

The thing is, if you don't have your vehicle modified then surely it would fail the MOT? I'm sure the MOT tester would know if it hadn't been done in accordance with the manufactures recommendations for this recall?

Can you recommend any independent centre who could sort this out? as the dealer won't return it back to factory settings if I asked them :-(

Thanks
    Audi A4 3.0TDI Q SE Lava Grey + B&O, Audi Drive Select, Sports Seats, Sun Roof, DVD Sat Nav Plus, Blue Tooth Phone Prep, Audi Hill Assist, Rear Parking Aid, Electric Seats, Light Pack, Audi Audio Interface, MMI etc... and 4 Halfords Bulbs lol....

0 0 0

4. Re: Caddy 1.6 TDI Trendline - after emissions modification by VW dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    why would it not pass an mot.. ?? the tester will neither care or be concerned whether its been modified or not, just so long as it passes the smoke test, which it will.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 1 0

5. Re: Caddy 1.6 TDI Trendline - after emissions modification by VW dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Anyone know of a dealer in or around the West Midlands area who can re-install the original ECU software map before this Emissions FIX which VW did which has buggered it up :-( VW dealer flatly refuse to reverse this FIX.

0 0 0

6. Re: Caddy 1.6 TDI Trendline - after emissions modification by VW dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    you wont get the original map, but you can get it remapped so its better than before. look at the sponsors section, see if you can find someone local, theres plenty of them about.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

7. Re: Caddy 1.6 TDI Trendline - after emissions modification by VW dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    As Zolly says,this has nothing to do with the MOT emissions as currently the NOX emmisons are not checked. NOX checking is coming in the next few years but as yet we don't know the standards and how accurate it will be.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Caddy 1.6 TDI Trendline - after emissions modification by VW dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    It's probably going to have to be very slack like the current smoke opacity test , because in the real world NOx emissions can be up to 12 times higher than their false emissions figures obtained in labritory conditions .

0 2 0