1. Help and advice please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone, who knows I may be a frequent player on this forum soon, I need some advice from the experiences you have.

I have an A6 avant, 3 litre Quattro coming up to 3 years old in May, wasn't going to change right now but seeing the new 2017 Q5 coming out and with the new tax rules in April I a much seriously thinking of swapping,

i love the new interiors, but I guess new A6 is coming out in around a year.

My question is what do you Q5 owners think ? How does Q5 compare to A6 and has anyone changed from A6 to Q5 ?

Are there any "must have" options... any advice is appreciated as time is running out

thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: Help and advice please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Huggy

There is no easy answer to your dilemma, I have recently owned the A6 albeit the aloof version and more recently an A7 which for me styling wise is easily the best Audi to these eyes. I am now in a Q5 but not exactly for aesthetic reasons but more for practicality. Yes it still looks good and the new version builds on that success.

I guess it is more about the driving position, boot access and robust build quality. This is my second Q5 and I think the interior of the new car whilst is now the standard interior is much better in terms of a modern look and quality. This is available in all models though.

The A6 Avant would have more boot space and will have a similar interior. I am at an age now where I don't want to be struggling in and out of a low car, I really enjoy an elevated driving position and my ageing parents can at least still get in and out of the Q5 (slowly).

It take it you have driven both, the A6 would be a better drive but I'm afraid it's horses for courses and very much a individual decision, I went with the head this time and chose practicality and I love my Q5. Hope this helps even a little!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Help and advice please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you that all makes perfect sense...

i think the Q5 would suit me.... the Q7 would but it is HUGE for just 2 of us
    i had to drive to London yesterday due to storm Doris cancelling my trains and at times i just loved the 3litre quattro - it just did what i needed

IF the new Q5 had a 3litre quattro i would buy one in a heartbeat but not sure going to 2litre

and after 1st April its an extra £350 a year road tax !!!

I also like the S5.... in fact i like most of the Audi with the new interior and having trawled everywhere else it's gonna be another Audi

BMW - not keen, some weak materials
    Jaguar - poor build quality and poor materials inside

Mercedes GLC - some weird crabbing issue with front wheels at lock, mercedes not accepting it and fobbing people even with tyres needing replacing at 4000 miles off so no thanks

so after all day out it's back to Audi

0 0 0

4. Re: Help and advice please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Huggy

I have the 190bhp married to the s-tronic and having come from the 3.0 A7 there is not as much difference as you might think! Get one out from Audi for the weekend and see for yourself, I suspect you won't be disappointed particularly if you go with s-tronic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0