1. Front electric windows won't open, rear one's are okay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    2010 Mk6 2.0l GTD with DSG box, 5 door. Neither front electric windows will open from the switches on the front doors. The keyfob won't open them either. I can't find a blown fuse in the fuse holder at the right end of the dashboard. I can hear a very slight click coming from the door when I press the switch. I have just had a issue with the fuel flap actuator which was sticking but can't locate which fuse this uses.... that is the only thing that I can link to this sudden failure. I wonder if they could share the same fuse and I have somehow missed it? There was one blown fuse when I checked out the fuel flap, fuse 15 (5amp). Being an idiot I don't know 'cos I didn't check whether or not the windows were not working at the same time as the actuator had become stuck (closed). It was a real pain tying to get diesel and not being able to open the flap..... To avoid that ever happening again I have cut out the plastic inside the flap that the actuator pin goes through

0 0 0

2. Re: Front electric windows won't open, rear one's are okay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    is it a click on both drivers and front passenger door?

On drivers door, look at wiring between door and car, pull back the rubber and look and feel the wires. Any lumps, green gunge and broken wires are what you are looking for

A click can mean the solenoid / motor for the window is goosed ............................... wouldn't expect both sides at same time to go, but you never know
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

1 0 0

3. Re: Front electric windows won't open, rear one's are okay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Will check for click on passenger door - not done that. Looked at and tried moving about the rubber on the link from the car into the door. That didn't make any difference but not looked inside the rubber yet - will do. I still think I have fried something as a result of using a temporary 15amp fuse in slot 15 after dealing with the fuel flap actuator jam. I wish I could find a decent wiring diagram for the car. The H*ynes manual I bought is next to useless when it comes to electrics.

0 0 0

4. Re: Front electric windows won't open, rear one's are okay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skad View Post
    2010 Mk6 2.0l GTD with DSG box, 5 door. Neither front electric windows will. I wonder if they could share the same fuse and I have somehow missed it? There was one blown fuse when I checked out the fuel flap, fuse 15 (5amp). Being an idiot I don't know 'cos I didn't check whether or not the windows were not working at the same time as the actuator had become stuck (closed).
    I have 2010 Golf GTD Fuses 5K188L CBBB KXZ 11 page PDF for my GTD and I don't see any fuse for fuel filler flap. If you want a copy PM me your email address?

Do you have access to VAG-COM\VCDS?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

1 0 0

5. Re: Front electric windows won't open, rear one's are okay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for responding :-) No I don't have access to VAG-COM\VDS. Just a Golf owner. Nearest VW dealer is 35 miles away so using local garages who don't have any VW wiring diagrams. The PDF would be useful thanks. I will will PM you my email address. I don't want to book the car into a dealership, not have a clue whats wrong and pay silly money for diagnostics. I would like to tell them what I think is wrong and narrow down the time to locate the fault ;-)

0 0 0

6. Re: Front electric windows won't open, rear one's are okay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just tried Keith I can't PM you . The error message said you need to clear some space as you are at your limit for storage use.

0 0 0

7. Re: Front electric windows won't open, rear one's are okay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I've sent you a PM.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

0 0 0

8. Re: Front electric windows won't open, rear one's are okay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Keith,

can't find the PM. Thanks anyway. Just had the issue sorted today by a local garage using a laptop based diagnostic tool. At some point in the attempt to find the issue with my fuel filler flap actuator fault, the fuse for the front windows got pulled and put into another (un-used?) slot.... So just by putting a new fuse into the correct slot the windows are working again. For future reference on the Mk6 Golf the front and rear windows are on seperate fuses.

0 0 0