1. AMK ecu wanted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi all I'm after an ecu for my seat leon cupra r 2003 engine code AMK as I think its giving up the ghost as I have the dreaded 17795 fault code and from what I have read on the web I need a replacement so if anyone that has had the same fault and found a fix or can help please give me a shout, thank you in advance
    Last edited by cuprarog; 18-02-2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: more info added

0 0 0

2. Re: AMK ecu wanted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    That's extremely rare, I imagine you would find signs of the case having been opened when you take it out. The ECU you will need is the Leon Cupra R AMK engine specific 1ML 906 032 which retails at £1071.16. The second unpleasant part is the ECU will have to be coded to the cars spec, which is easy, and matched to the immobiliser, which isn't. There are some people who can fudge their way around this often by swapping ECU chips (so opening up the new ECU) but the best way is via the VAG online system GEKO within the system ODIS, available to dealers and independents who are prepared to go the the nightmare of signing up. Obviously you would also lose a remap if the ECU has one, which is highly likely given the code......
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: AMK ecu wanted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thank you for your reply, I was thinking of popping over to see you tomorrow if you are available?

0 0 0

4. Re: AMK ecu wanted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Always there, except when I am not....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: AMK ecu wanted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its started to do my head in now, I need to come and see you about relocating my battery back to where it should be but that's a different post, however my lcr has been remapped and I have been offered an ecu which apparently is just plug and play? ive just ran another auto scan and got another code to do with A/C now grrrrrrrr all the faults that I have apart from the passenger door lock and the n249 being unplugged are pressure related.

0 0 0

6. Re: AMK ecu wanted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    It can only be plug and play if the immobiliser has been disabled and technically speaking that would invalidate your insurance.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: AMK ecu wanted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive had the car since November 2016 and it cost me £3,500 it had no faults on and drives ok and now this happens

0 0 0

8. Re: AMK ecu wanted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    **** happens, it's a car. I was working on a chaps A4 engine the other day, I lent in the window to turn the key and the lock disintegrated in my fingers, he had the nerve to blame me as well....

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: AMK ecu wanted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    theres no helping some people, whats frustrating is I can clear the fault with vcds (yes its genuine) and start the engine again and drive all day and it wont come back until its cooled down then it comes back.

0 0 0

10. Re: AMK ecu wanted 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I looked at the fault code on ELSA and it says with 17795 the MIL will only come on "when this fault occurs within three driving cycles (engine running at least 5 seconds) the engine control unit switches on the exhaust warning lamp in dash panel insert"

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast