1. Best UK Scenic Road Trip 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone got any thoughts on what is the best scenic driving route in the UK.
    There are quite a few that spring to mind, but does anyone have any particular favourites that spring to mind?
    Looking for some inspiration to take my Golf GTI away for a short weekend break.

1 1 0

2. Re: Best UK Scenic Road Trip 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    cant really beat wales to be fair. sure there are other really nice places, but a tour of snowdonia takes some beating. plus, and here is a little secret, there are almost no speed cameras here. the mobile ones in my neck of the woods only ever park up in 30 mph zones in villages, which is fair game, so yeah, a good driving route is through north wales to snowdonia, down the coats road all the way to st davids, then round the pembs coast and back up via lampeter and the elan valley.. heck there are some nice roads round here.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

1 2 0

3. Re: Best UK Scenic Road Trip 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's a poorly kept secret that nearly all car mags road test in Wales on the EVO Triangle.

A5 West, A543 North-East, B4501 South.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 2 0

4. Re: Best UK Scenic Road Trip 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've never been to Wales. Hadn't even been considering it is an option, but what yous have said sounds really great.
    Snowdonia with no speed cameras sounds like some fun. And that EVO triangle too. I'm trying to get my head around the A5 West, A543 North-East, B4501 South route on Google maps.

Have yous ever done the south coast of England? I've been reading up on Europe's best road trips: https://www.greasemonkeydirect.com/b...est_road_trips
    Apparently there's a very scenic route along the coast from Portsmouth to Dover. Finishing up with a nice view of the White Cliffs.
    Those cliffs are definitely on my bucket list!

0 0 0

5. Re: Best UK Scenic Road Trip 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    North Coast 500 - a bit long for a weekend trip from Yorkshire though!!
    http://www.northcoast500.com/your-route/sutherland.aspx

0 0 0

6. Re: Best UK Scenic Road Trip 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I agree with zollaf. I used to live near st.Davids in south west wales and the wife's family are in Anglesey. The route up was a fairly nice scenic route with some nice twists here and there.

Now live in Gloucester so don't have it on my doorstep anymore but was a cracking drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

1 1 0

7. Re: Best UK Scenic Road Trip 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva-VW View Post
    I've never been to Wales. Hadn't even been considering it is an option, but what yous have said sounds really great.
    Snowdonia with no speed cameras sounds like some fun. And that EVO triangle too. I'm trying to get my head around the A5 West, A543 North-East, B4501 South route on Google maps.
    Voila!

Google Maps

Have yous ever done the south coast of England? I've been reading up on Europe's best road trips: https://www.greasemonkeydirect.com/b...est_road_trips
    Apparently there's a very scenic route along the coast from Portsmouth to Dover. Finishing up with a nice view of the White Cliffs.
    Those cliffs are definitely on my bucket list!
    I live down t'South. Happy to send you a photo of the cliffs, they're <points> just there.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 1 0

8. Re: Best UK Scenic Road Trip 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    i find everytime in go across bridge to england that its all 50 mph limits and cameras everywhere. over here there are cameras in llanelli, (clanethlee) in the south and thats about it, so dont go to llanelli. the large sparsely inhabited middle part of wales is pretty well camera free. i say pretty well, i am pretty sure it is camera free. sure there are some 50 limits, carmarthenshire has some, but pembs and ceredigion dont seem to care. just watch out for any newish bmw's with a cu or cv in the registration, they cheat in races and use their blue lights to distract you.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 2 0

9. Re: Best UK Scenic Road Trip 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Cameras and "smart motorways" or to rephrase it, motorways covered in speed cameras, are cropping up everywhere. It's all part of the war on drivers, driving and cars.

If only there was something else we could spend our money on like curing cancer or stopping so called IS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 1 0

10. Re: Best UK Scenic Road Trip 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    There has been some complaints from villages on the north coast 500 about speeders. Watch out for police up there this summer. And watch out for sheep / farm vehicles!
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast