1. A4 Courtesy Car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    So my car went in for a service an came back with a scratched bonnet. After getting it looked at the dealer agreed to spray the bonnet. So whilst it was in the dealer lent me a new Sline A4 2.0TFSI. So these are my thoughts on it.

Cons:
    The doors felt really lightweight compared to the A6, almost felt like a Japanese car.
    Couldn't say I was enamoured with the looks either
    The interior felt built okay, but I didn't feel it was as well built as the A6 (mine is 6yrs old)
    Didn't really like the interior lighting either, the instruments were either too bright (in white) or too dark, difficult to get to a comfortable level.
    Ride was awful, daughter felt sick in the front after only 30miles. In the A6 have driven from the south of England to the North of Scotland with no issues. Too be fair my daughters also felt sick in the A5 I used to have which was Sline but had the comfort suspension
    Even though it was a Quattro was not good in the Snow, okay I know the Quattro system is different to the A6 and I have winter tyres on the A6. But really surprising, in fact it was so bad I took my wife's golf (with winter tyres) rather than drive the A4 again.

Pros:
    Quite liked having a petrol engine again
    Changed direction well even at speed (which is a trade off with the suspension)
    Liked the 19" RS alloys.
    Headlights were good.
    Liked the way the sline step lighted up in the door.

So I had been thinking about changing the A6 for a smaller car like an A4, but I have to be honest I would really struggle to justify it now. Would always feel that I had traded down to a new car.

These are my thoughts but I am thinking that if the A4 was executive car of the year, how bad are the BMW 3 series and the Merc C class??

Cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 Courtesy Car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, keep on thinking about downsizing myself but always talk myself out of it.....all my experiences with A4's leave me underwhelmed compared to A6.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    2016 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Quattro Black Edition
    2013 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Black Edition ​gone
    2010 A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Le Mans. gone.

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 Courtesy Car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asr View Post

Even though it was a Quattro was not good in the Snow, okay I know the Quattro system is different to the A6 and I have winter tyres on the A6. But really surprising, in fact it was so bad I took my wife's golf (with winter tyres) rather than drive the A4 again.
    A FWD with winter tyres will be better than a 4WD with normal tyres in the snow. It's not a fair comparison.
    You're other issues I cant comment on.

Ian
    A4 B6 Avant Nogaro Blue

0 0 0