1. Would it sell? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Folks. Just looking for a bit of advice as I have the MY17 A6 Black Ed Bitdi and I am 6 months into a 24 month lease. I have been offered a great deal on an S5 sport back but I would have to buy the car for the preferential rate they have offered. The price to buy is £34,800 which sounds decent as over £52,000 new and only done 5k miles. Do you think I could realistically sell it privately for that?

No hardship to stick out with the A6 for another 18 months as I love it but really like the new S5!

0 0 0

2. Re: Would it sell? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lfcsimon View Post
    Hi Folks. Just looking for a bit of advice as I have the MY17 A6 Black Ed Bitdi and I am 6 months into a 24 month lease. I have been offered a great deal on an S5 sport back but I would have to buy the car for the preferential rate they have offered. The price to buy is £34,800 which sounds decent as over £52,000 new and only done 5k miles. Do you think I could realistically sell it privately for that?

No hardship to stick out with the A6 for another 18 months as I love it but really like the new S5!
    I've been looking at Audi used for the last week or so 4-5 times a day and even have been logging how many used are on sale so if the number goes up it's a good time to look and if down, not to look and try in a few hours again (sad!)

I can't say I've seen any BE bitdi around 34-35k for the age and mileage... My filters have pretty much been 3.0, above 210ps, black edition, 2014 onwards and A6 saloon/avant. Most are 2.0, those that are 3.0 are mainly s-line or within the 218/272 engine. But can you sell it for that much? New plates are due out in a few weeks, there is constant scare-mongering on diesel cars/prices going up to park/drive/own
    ... I can't even get a decent price on my 2015/65 A6 2.0 to cover my settlement figure and thats a low emissioned, cheap tax, low mileage car. And of-course there is the possibility the C8 is due out later this year/early next . Difficult one!
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

3. Re: Would it sell? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Get a valuation from WBAC and that should give you a feel for trade in value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Would it sell? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lfcsimon View Post

At that price it is almost certainly the old S5 or else there is something very wrong with it. Checking the Audi website only the old style with the 333ps engine are sub £40k. All of the new ones are £49k+. As to the resale price of your A6 from my experience you need to get past at least 50% of the term before you are likely to see any positive equity in the car if you trade it early

0 0 0

5. Re: Would it sell? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry I didn't mean the S5 at that price, it was the A6. The deal on the S5 is on a personal lease.

0 0 0