Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Towbar options for facelift (2010) A6 Avant S Line / Le Mans?

1. Towbar options for facelift (2010) A6 Avant S Line / Le Mans? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi folks, so I recently bought a 2010 A6 (C6) Avant 3 Litre TDI Quattro S Line / Le Mans. I've done a lot of reading on here and elsewhere and have seen the difficulties people have had in the past in getting a suitable detachable towbar for this specific variant, as the facelift S Line have different bumpers.

I think the Westfalia option had a very small gap between ball and bumper and cutting was necessary underneath as no flap option exists?

Also, the electrical socket hangs underneath and is visible.

Has anyone fitted a tow bar to a facelift S Line Avant? Pics ans desctiptions would be great if you did...

I'm also in two minds whether or not to get the Audi control module that will let the car know its towing - If you didn't opt for one, I think you can turn off the rear parking sensors and I wonder what real world difference the trailer ESP mode makes...

0 0 0

2. Re: Towbar options for facelift (2010) A6 Avant S Line / Le Mans? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Kingers, there are more than one Westfalia towbar for the A6 in that year range, one of them is specifically for the S-Line/Le Mans bumpers so this may be the clearance issues other people had (Using the wrong bar).
    We sell the S-Line/Le Mans A6 towbar here.
    If you are happy spending the difference then I would definitely recommend the O.E Westfalia wiring kit and module to take advantage of all the towing features etc.
    A lot of models already have the oblong cut out under the bumper spoiler, if it doesn't then it needs a non-visible cut.
    Thanks.
    PF Jones Towbars | National Mobile Towbar Fitting | Audi Towbars

We will beat any like for like price on all Witter and Westfalia Towbars 0161 872 4755

0 0 0

3. Re: Towbar options for facelift (2010) A6 Avant S Line / Le Mans? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, cheers for the reply.

I saw that one on your website but when I saw 2004 onwards, I assumed it was for the pre facelift S Line / Le Mans.

Are Westfalia the only make that do one specifically for that variant / year?

I don't have any removable panel underneath, have you heard of anyone being able to buy one?

How much is the westfalia module and besides the parking sensors, which I think can be switched off anyway, do you think it's actually worth it? I'll be towing a car trailer.

0 0 0

4. Re: Towbar options for facelift (2010) A6 Avant S Line / Le Mans? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, unfortunately the Westfalia is the only well known manufacturer that makes one for the S-Line bumper. Yes the dealers sell the replacement trim, if you phone them with the registration number and mention you need the lower bumper spoiler for the detachable towbar they would be able to give you a cost.

If you are towing a car trailer I think it is worth paying the extra for an O.E wiring kit £132.48 for the 7 pin kit as such a heavy load would benefit from the Trailer stability programme and there may be cooling or braking settings depending on what features the car has.

Thanks.
    PF Jones Towbars | National Mobile Towbar Fitting | Audi Towbars

We will beat any like for like price on all Witter and Westfalia Towbars 0161 872 4755

0 0 0