Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and admit I've only just read a few threads but I'm picking up how important the build week is..especially around now (late April) as they may be a change over to the 2018 model in July-ish? My appointment with the dealer to raise the order is in an hour and a half...so I'm now thinking I should hold off? Although I want the car as soon as possible, I'd be gutted if I missed the updated model by a week or so! Not so worried about September plates as I intend to keep this car for many years.
    I've gone for options as long as my arm, so perhaps it'll take half the year to build anyway?! Any advice? Thanks.

0 0 0

2. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Put the dealer behind the 8 ball and get him to commit to the release date for MY18. It may also come with a price increase putting extras in packages as options. What ever way you go I can honestly say in my experience its the best built German car I have ever had.
    No doubt the wait will seem like forever but it won't be long before you're posting pic on the site.

0 0 0

3. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks dghdgh. I'm getting butterflies...heading to dealer in 20 mins! I'm like an excited school kid! I had my A6 from new for 11 years, I'll be very sorry to see it go but it's time. I have a TT too, but will have to sell that as well....it's like a new stage in my life...must be something to do with a big birthday this year!

I will push for MY18 now I know the buzz words. Now all I've got to decide if I need Bose or not. I tend to only listen to the radio and usually at fairly low volume, but the over whelming consensus, at least on this forum seems to be to get it.
    Time flies (probably an age thing again), so it won't be too long...!

0 0 0

4. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Hi Nilli,

Good luck today. I reckon you can't be far off ending up with a MY18 as the first build week will probably be 22 or 23 and we're in 18 now.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

5. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    Ah, 10-speakers of Bose. Marvellous for Planet Rock and Radio 3. Chuck in the options for a jukebox, CD or SD card, plus connecting a phone and the fun of moving the sound focus from rear to front, left to right and it's impossible to do without it.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
    Q7 3.0 TDI Quattro (272 HP) S-Line
    (Gone) A6 C6 AVANT 2.7TDI SE MANUAL
    Hers - Mk. VII Golf '15' 2.0 TDI BlueMotion

0 0 0

6. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Well, I went with the intention of ordering so long as it's MY18 but we couldn't load the order on the Audi system! The tech pack seems to have disappeared as an option. We're presuming that's Audi upgrading the options and will be replacing components, but who knows? So, for now I wait....

I didn't manage to hear a Bose system (but if it's on a par with my Bose speaker in the kitchen, then I know it'll be good), but I did hear regular Audi speakers in a used Q7. It was ok, but nothing above what you'd expect in a car quarter of the price. So, I think I'll give up the inlays and go for Bose..it's only money after all.

0 0 0

7. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    That's a shame, but I would wait with it being so close.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

8. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    German Audi site has the night vision included in the tech pack. Don't think that was always the case?

Cost is more than £3k for their tech pack, so would be surprised to see it included here.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

9. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Come to think of it, I remember the night vision option seemed "out of place" when we were running through the build. I wonder if you might be onto something. Anyhow, they're calling Audi on Monday and I should find out soon enough. Bit frustrating going there ready to sign on the dotted line, only to head back home. But as you say, it's probably worth the wait...unless it's just a price increase!

BTW, if options in my signature look crazy, tell me now! ;-)
    S-line 272 - Night Black, Dynamic Package, Virtual Cockpit, All Wheel Steering, 21 5-twin-spoke alloy, Heated Rear Seats, Flat bottomed steering wheel, Valcona leather Rotor Grey, Panoramic sunroof, Rear side Airbags, Reversing Camera, Bose

0 0 0

10. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Looks a very good spec, other than the Bose, I would consider adding the advanced key as you will get the electric luggage cover included.

All wheel steering maybe overkill depending on your needs. I considered it as it's such a long car but haven't found myself missing it.

Aesthetically, i wished I'd ticked the 21" alloys but had to draw the line somewhere!
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast