Hi all just a quick question.
I have a 2 year old A4 Avant 3.0tdi quattro. When i purchased it 18 months ago i requested a dealer fit genuine audi detachable tow bar with audi electrics. This was done and has been fine on my 23 year old van. i am just in the process of changing the van to some 6 years old. due to the van electrics being much more complex i felt i should check to ensure the towbar wiring is set up as it should be.
After a lot of testing and phone calls to both westfalia ( audi bar suppliers) and audi tech i have worked everything out. Turns out pin 9 (perm live) is only powered when the car senses that the van has been connected, That took some working out. and i have an ignition live on pin10. All this is ok and proves i have the additional loom fitted. the issue i now have is that pin 10 ign live should only be live when the engine is running. this is to stop the fridge from running and the habitation relay triggering the charging system with the engine off and flatterning the car battery. it also stops the van battery being connected to the car battery without the engine running and in the event of the car battery being flat, the car attempting to draw cranking current from the van battery with damaging effect.

My question to you guys in the know is: Can pin 10 be reconfigured in the ECU via VAG COM to be live when engine is running only, instead of when the ignition is on and the engine not running.
Thanks for your help.