Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Afternoon all.
    Just joined the forum as I've been reading it for quite a while now and decided it looks like a good forum to me 😎

After a bit of advice really if possible. As above my fan is blowing constantly when the engine is running and for 5 to 10 seconds after switch off. I think changing my coolant temperature sensor could help things from what I can gather. The thing is that I can't find it. Can anyone help me with the location on my A6 2.0 TDI 170 saloon. 2010.

Any help would be much appreciated, I know I should probably get it looked at with a diagnostic reader but cash is short at the mo being a dad lol and would really like to try on my own.

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

0 1 0

2. Re: Audi A6 fan blowing constantly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    There are a few things that can cause this. Faulty fan controller, outside air temp. sensor, AC fault..... You need to have a code read by a quality diagnostic tool first.
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 1 0

3. Re: Audi A6 fan blowing constantly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I understand there are a few things that can cause this. Just trying to replace one of the cheapest possibly the most obvious, to save cost to myself. Has anyone had the same problem or seen the same problem that may be able to shine a light?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 1 0

4. Re: Audi A6 fan blowing constantly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Okay. You need to price the cheapest part on my suggestions, and start there. There is no magic formula in diagnostics, you could get 10 different suggestions on your problem, which one do you choose?
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 2 0

5. Re: Audi A6 fan blowing constantly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Where in Somerset Sam?

Am happy to run diagnostics for you if you drive to me in Burnham on Sea?

In posts of this nature it does help if you advise:

1) How long you've had the car and how many miles driven?
    2) manual or auto
    3) When the problem was first noticed?
    4) Has it done a DPF regen recently?
    5) Have you had any work done on it recently?

Am a dad to, of two teenagers less than 10 months apart, but I never use them as an excuse as technically they're self inflicted injuries, not like we're in the US forces where you get a medal for shooting yourself in the foot!
    Last edited by MarkTM; 10-02-2017 at 05:33 PM.
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 1 0

6. Re: Audi A6 fan blowing constantly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkTM View Post
    Where in Somerset Sam?

Am happy to run diagnostics for you if you drive to me in Burnham on Sea?

I posts of this natre it does help if you advise:

1) How long you've had the car and how many miles driven?
    2) manual or auto
    3) When the problem was first noticed?
    4) Has it done a DPF regen recently?
    5) Have you had any work done on it recently?

Am a dad to, of two teenagers less than 10 months apart, but I never use them as an excuse as technically they're self inflicted injuries, not like we're in the US forces where you get a medal for shooting yourself in the foot!
    Hi Mark,
    I'm in Bridgwater so close,

Had the car since August, around 2000 miles driven, manual, first noticed that the internal blower/climate control worked with the dials but no air came out on any speed, then the very next day air came out and the engine fan worked constantly starting 10 seconds after start up regardless whether climate control was on or not.

To be honest I couldn't tell you if it has done a regen. And no I haven't done any work on it recently.

I didn't mean it to come across as an excuse just a genuine reason why I can't afford it lol

0 1 0

7. Re: Audi A6 fan blowing constantly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

0 1 0

8. Re: Audi A6 fan blowing constantly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    That's the fault the VCDS came back with. Pointing to the air con sensor at the front of the car if I'm right. Just to the right as you stand in front the grille. Little sensor with a hexagonal head on it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

0 1 0

9. Re: Audi A6 fan blowing constantly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just wanted to update just in case this thread pops up for anyone having the same problem with the fans. Replaced the pressure sensor, not too bad a job, pain having to remove bumper even though u can see it through the top but simple enough to do. Problem fixed, MPG back up and climate control working efficiently and fans not on full whack all the time. Had a excuse to check my brakes and other parts whilst in there so win win situation.

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A6 fan blowing constantly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam16 View Post
    Just wanted to update just in case this thread pops up for anyone having the same problem with the fans. Replaced the pressure sensor, not too bad a job, pain having to remove bumper even though u can see it through the top but simple enough to do. Problem fixed, MPG back up and climate control working efficiently and fans not on full whack all the time. Had a excuse to check my brakes and other parts whilst in there so win win situation.

Thank you for posting this. I’ve got the same problem with my 2010 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi. I’ve got auto electrician coming tomorrow re burning hot positive terminal 😨 so will ask him to have a look.

0 0 0