Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucuba View Post
    Hi GreaseNipple

Cant help on the timeline between construction start and delivery I'm afraid but interesting you just got the email directing you to "your Audi". I went there but its telling me the order does not match their records. Looks like you were about two weeks from placing order to getting your email!!!

I had the same message initially, but worked ok 24 hours later.

0 0 0

2. Re: New Q7 on Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    This is a useful diagram I came across.

From memory both my Qs were delivered and in my hands 3 weeks after build date. Use that as a guide as several other things come in to play like how many cars need to be shipped across and then how many transported from port in UK to dealers. It could be a busy Feb /March with new registrations and any potential getting cars registered pre 1st April car tax hike.

You'll notice that the car starts to move through the build process stages a few days in advance of the quoted build date and is actually in QC on the Monday build date quoted.

Welcome to the club & enjoy getting hooked on checking the tracker

0 1 0

3. Re: New Q7 on Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good diagram - thanks.

If I am reading this correctly because I received a factory build date when I ordered my Q7 it will enter the diagram at status "20" in the top right hand corner. I assume the dealer gave up a build slot the had to accommodate my order.

0 0 0

4. Re: New Q7 on Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    You get a build week at 10 but this can change. At 20 it is a confirmed build week. I think mine bounced from 14 to 24 and settled on 18.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

5. Re: New Q7 on Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Everyone

New to the forum but just received my amended build date and it has come forward from the 15th of May to 13th of March which is great.

Having read the thread it seems a few other cars are being built that week! Getting rather excited now.

I have taken a bit of a gamble and gone for Audi Exclusive Paint 'Nimbus Grey' so I don't know whether this will effect the build time. Has anyone had any prior experience with the build time on the exclusive paint option?

Other extras we have gone for: Leather, black styling, black gloss mirrors, tinted rear LED lights, virtual **** pit.

Can't wait for it to arrive!

0 0 0

6. Re: New Q7 on Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    mine's in transit now. It sat in prep for a week or two and then processed, within 3-4 days, through to QC, where it sat for about a week.

0 1 0

7. New Q7 on Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelspencer View Post

Other extras we have gone for: Leather, black styling, black gloss mirrors, tinted rear LED lights, virtual **** pit.
    I'm amazed I haven't seen the VC **** out as it's a rude word

Michael welcome along - nice spec and you'll love it.

In my experience of never having ordered an exclusive paint colour but seen many threads about it, that normally delays it - however if you've got a locked date of 13th March that's great news...if it's not locked yet it should be in next week or so so fingers crossed

0 0 0

8. Re: New Q7 on Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelspencer View Post
    Hi Everyone

New to the forum but just received my amended build date and it has come forward from the 15th of May to 13th of March which is great.

Having read the thread it seems a few other cars are being built that week! Getting rather excited now.

I have taken a bit of a gamble and gone for Audi Exclusive Paint 'Nimbus Grey' so I don't know whether this will effect the build time. Has anyone had any prior experience with the build time on the exclusive paint option?

Can't wait for it to arrive!
    Congrats on the order. Wow, really jealous on the colour. I always loved Nimbus or Nardo grey but opted for the Daytona as couldn't stretch the spec any further. I too have the Black Pack and tinted lights. The whole thing looks great and ties in really well. What wheels did you go for?

Can't believe how quick people are being quoted for deliveries. Last year it was anywhere between 4-6 months from order, mine being the latter . Worth the wait. You'll love it.

Can't wait to see more photos on here, gone pretty slow on the new delivery photos for ages on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: New Q7 on Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine was ordered on the 22nd December, build week came forward slightly to Monday 13th February and it's been sat in preparation stages for weeks, just checked and it's now in the panel shop! I'm expecting it to arrive around 2nd week in March, ahead of the car tax changes..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: New Q7 on Order 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Congrats both on the new orders! I was build week 3 (w/c 16th of Jan) and I picked mine up on the 31st of Jan. I think that was a little quick to be fair, everything just seemed to happen back to back to back, including a dealer who had a sniff of a month end sale and who kept throwing extras at me until I agreed! Didn't properly show up in yourAudi until a few weeks before though.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast