1. New SatNav SD card 2017 update has appeared 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont know if there is a smart way to know when updates appear so I check periodically and thought you'd like to know there is a new one. The last one I did was Oct 2016
    Last week I ran the DiscoverCare app (1.01) on my pc. It used to appear in english but this time it was all in German although I hadn't altered the app. However I did see that the app itself wanted to be updated to 1.03.
    I did this and it was back to English.
    Anyway, it told me there is a 2017 update to Discover Media (Gen2) which is in my 2015 SE Business.
    Had no problem updating to 3GO.919.866.AQ 0730 ECE1 2017 so give it a go.
    The new Discovercare app does a backup as well so no need to worry about losing the lot as you can just restore from the backup.
    Its still about 13GB so the only way I personally would do the update is via plugging the sd card into the pc. (usb holders are very cheap)
    On my slow broadband link (7Mb/s) it took about 4hrs (during the night), so those with 30Mb/s fibre will be down to an hr or so
    Thats all,
    Vince
    Last edited by vince47; 18-08-2017 at 02:06 PM.

0 1 0

2. Re: New SatNav SD card 2017 update has appeared 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So is this a sat nav maps update or a firmware update for the satnav?

if it's a maps update how long did it take to update, and did you have luck in doing it? That wasn't through an app, just downloading the maps as per the awful, useless demo video VW posted. I've downloaded the nav updates before, put them on an SD card and put them in the reader and tried to update: it says no data found.

Bit marked with VW as they tell me you need to download every single map to do the update, not just the UK ones - has anybody else tried this, can you just update the uk portion without the rest of Europe (which I'll never use)?

I also have a mate who has a 6 month old Golf GTD with the Discover Pro and he tells me he hasn't got the "Traffic Flow" option under his View setting - not sure why they removed that but I'm reluctant to try any kind of firmware update for that reason.

0 0 0

3. Re: New SatNav SD card 2017 update has appeared 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    SD card Maps, time shown on my post! SD card plugged back in the car, few secs later maps appeared
    Worked fine whether via the DiscoverCare app or downloading and unpacking each individual chunk.
    All chunks probably linked so that why do all or none

0 0 0

4. Re: New SatNav SD card 2017 update has appeared 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Noticed there is another satnav map update dated May 17. As per my Feb 17 post above it all went smoothly and now the version on the display reads " 3G0919866BC 0820 ECE1 2017/18"
    Discovercare has also been updated to 1.0.4which I use for the backup just in case of problems.
    Whether its worth the time updating the maps I have no idea. Hopefully the update isn't just to show a new cul-de-sac in Luxenbourg

0 0 0