Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Leak with a twist - it's not the battery drain or pollen filter housing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Leak with a twist - it's not the battery drain or pollen filter housing. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Part number 8D2 907 619 £4.02 inc VAT retail, Dordon have nine in stock.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Leak with a twist - it's not the battery drain or pollen filter housing. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have had similar issues myself with this and found it to be the seals around the door to doorpost cable duct. I cleaned and sealed round them and it stopped. Hope that helps.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Leak with a twist - it's not the battery drain or pollen filter housing. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had an issue where there was a blockage of detritus underneath the ECU box, blasting it with a compressor cleaned it out stopped leaks on to top of the carpet front driver side.
    VW Passat Estate SE 1.9pd Tdi (130 AWX) 2002 162k

0 0 0

4. Re: Leak with a twist - it's not the battery drain or pollen filter housing. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KieranM View Post
    I had an issue where there was a blockage of detritus underneath the ECU box, blasting it with a compressor cleaned it out stopped leaks on to top of the carpet front driver side.
    Yeah, the ECU seal was gone as there was lots of moisture in the lid of the ECU, in the foam inside the car and the seal was soaked. I bought a new seal from vw but it's foam which isn't going to help so used silicone instead and now it's nice and water proof. Unfortunately still moisture in the car even after having all the carpets up for 2 weeks and a fan heater on them! But perhaps the moisture is stuck in the doors? So that's my next check I think!

0 1 0

5. Re: Leak with a twist - it's not the battery drain or pollen filter housing. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    yep, takes ages to dry these cars out. After doing the ECU out and new seal job 5 months ago (not as bad as it sounds but need to pick one of the electrical spades on the multi-plug in order to lift ECU out of the way), the car is still damp inside but no longer the sodden mouldy mess it once was.

0 0 0

6. Re: Leak with a twist - it's not the battery drain or pollen filter housing. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Don't use silicone You'd be better off using redibrek as that crap.
    Use something like Tiger seal or Sikaflex 512.
    You'll thank me later believe me. as you'll be doing it all again in 6 months time!

As already mentioned, the ECU housing uses the same useless seal as the pollen filter housing. Crap builds up under the housing, there's a little channel under it that gets blocked with dirt stopping the water from dropping down into the plenum chamber under the battery. I've seen that scuttle panel an inch deep in water where the bonnet cable grommet is!

0 0 0

7. Re: Leak with a twist - it's not the battery drain or pollen filter housing. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Water can enter interior from door windows,get someone with hose and inspect the inside while hosing individual windows.
    This problem is probably caused by poor work when replacing window regulators etc.
    Also a good idea to check a/c drain for blockage if its same as Audi A6 .

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12