1. 96 b4 Cabrio questions regarding immobiliser 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good morning all and greetings from down under I Posted this in the cabrio section and also here as it a generic rather than cab only question

Just about to trade my 99 A4 (273000km) for a 96 80 cabriolet with the 2.6 ABC engine and automatic which has only done around 150000km but unfortunately it has a few issues and was seeking some clarification after gaining a lot of information on the forum. I am going to VCDS the car in a few days as just waiting for the 2x2 interface to arrive , thanks to the forum i did not drive 75 miles to find out my hex/can interface would not fit!

The car has no original keys for it and has a new barrel and key set(non remote just steel) with the car to be installed by myself (no problems) however...
    It is showing all of the signs of the immobiliser being on with the starting and the cutting out a second or so after.
    after searching through this forum and the interweb it seems that i have only have a couple of options.

1/ take vehicle to Audi and pay for new coding and keys for the ECU and immobiliser module, which will cost a fortune as Audi here charge like a wounded bull.
    2/ Get ECU recoded to switch IMMO to off and not worry about it. I would have to send to the UK for that as no such thing exists in australia
    3/ Possibly get Audi dealer to do the same thing? if they are able
    4/ replace ECU from another vehicle? I have found one here but it is from a manual, is there any difference at all?

Have i missed anything here at all with my options? and any advice for which way you would go appreciated.
    We have no insurance issues here with having no immobiliser so that is not a factor at all for me at all. It is a softtop and the end of the day.

thanks very much and have a great day
    Clay

0 0 0

2. Re: 96 b4 Cabrio questions regarding immobiliser 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I don't know but this might help, on the b4 audi 80 the key barrel is wired to a small white box at the back of the steering column. THESE go together, ie if you change the barrel you must also change its matching "little box"

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Please Help Questions about A4 Cabrio seat airbags - please help!
    By Carpie89 in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-06-2014, 07:55 AM
  2. Cabrio clutch air bag questions
    By tigerduck in forum Audi Cabrio - Coupe - Quattro's - UR Quattro
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-03-2010, 06:57 AM
  3. Just bough 98 cabrio and have lots of questions
    By ANDY597 in forum Audi Cabrio - Coupe - Quattro's - UR Quattro
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-01-2010, 10:14 AM
  4. Please Help immobiliser Problems - immobiliser bypass?
    By MC_BLADE in forum Audi A3 - Archive Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-07-2008, 07:35 PM
  5. Toad Ai606 Alarm/Immobiliser with existing Golf Immobiliser
    By churd_smith in forum Golf - Jetta - Vento - Bora - Archive Topics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-05-2007, 08:38 PM