1. Re: Touareg Brakes Coming on when driving 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Agreed! Someone please save us from this technological madness.

0 1 0

2. Re: Touareg Brakes Coming on when driving 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    buy a classic. my old 80 has nothing too compliacted. fly by wire fuel pump, thats about it.
    also be able to buy a good one for the cost of 2 tyres for a q7.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

3. Re: Touareg Brakes Coming on when driving 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    And it is going to get much much worse. On Friday I scanned a brand new Toerag for a chap who was having issues with the gears constantly changing (hunting) whilst cruising at 70, it is something I have heard of before and is emissions target related but you should have seen the controller list on this thing, the global scan print out nearly emptied my printer cartridge! The job myself and Zolly do is becoming insanely difficult, frankly it's becoming too stressful for me and making me a tad unwell. I started as a spanner man and now I spend my life pitching lap top against car. I don't mind sophistication, I love electronics and engine management systems but it has gone too far-all it is is the pursuit of lower Co2 and the world has lost sight of everything else. By the way, the disc wiping feature came about because of people whinging about initial poor brake response in the wet, there was a minor hoo hah about it in 2000 ish with the Passat 3B and so disc wiping came about to stop people moaning.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 2 0

4. Re: Touareg Brakes Coming on when driving 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    Try a holiday crasher or you could start drinking excessive amounts of alcohol. ...that's how the master techs in my previous employment got by.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Touareg Brakes Coming on when driving 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    it is largely emissions related but also driven by consumer demand, or so we are told, all these stupid pointless gadgets that cost a packet and make drivers even more brain dead. light assist, parking assist, lane assist, electronic handbrake, things that flash, things that beep and all this integration with mobile phone, bluetooth etc....
    a car needs 3 pedals, a steering wheel and some wipers, thats all, some sort of stereo at the most.... all these things go wrong and cost the consumer money but most of all cause a headache for the person trying to fix the stupid things... luckily i live in the back of beyond fixing mainly older more normal stuff but the newer stuff is starting to come through. 10 years ago i lived and worked in milton keynes, cant imagine what thats like now.... well i can and its not nice...

2 2 0

6. Re: Touareg Brakes Coming on when driving 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    I know the feeling. I got fed up with endless bluetooth pairing issues. Sat nav issues. Teaching old people how to use park assist, creaks rattles and water ingress. Dog **** labour time's and pointless warranty issues like weighing oil for consumption tests. And the ata re acredidtation to confirm I was still able to be a technician. 24 year's vag but now a mot tester and work on anything.

2 2 0

7. Re: Touareg Brakes Coming on when driving 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPPERJACK76 View Post
    Try a holiday crasher or you could start drinking excessive amounts of alcohol. ...that's how the master techs in my previous employment got by.
    I had to stop this week... I knew something was wrong and went to see the quack Monday morning before going to work, told me my blood pressure was through the roof and it was booze causing it... Bought myself a personal monitor and part way through Wednesday when I checked my BP was 193/127, technically I should have died... more sodding tablets, I rattle like a pill bottle in the morning...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Touareg Brakes Coming on when driving 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I had to stop this week... I knew something was wrong and went to see the quack Monday morning before going to work, told me my blood pressure was through the roof and it was booze causing it... Bought myself a personal monitor and part way through Wednesday when I checked my BP was 193/127, technically I should have died... more sodding tablets, I rattle like a pill bottle in the morning...
    That sounds really bad. Take a rest fella. Fella next to me at work is on high blood pressure tablets and his heart rate is no where near as high as your's. If you think it's work related then find something easier. ..I got fed up taking the problems home with me. Now where I work I still see panic and stress in the other's but I say calm down its all easy. Working on car's where the average age is 6 year's old is a lot easier than 1 or 2 year's.

0 0 0

9. Re: Touareg Brakes Coming on when driving 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Well that's the really odd bit and being a diagnostics junkie has me interested, stupid high resting blood pressure but a heartbeat of 45bpm at the same time, then when I am stressed my heartbeat goes upto 80 odd and my blood pressure drops down to near normal, I told the quack what I had observed and he did not believe me. This gadget I bought drops the data onto a smartphone so I showed him the plots and graph and he just said he could not explain it. At least it gives me something interesting to read up on other than cars.... It's knobs like the Taxi driver I had in last week that cause the most stress, he had a diesel that was running poorly and it had been everywhere and they had failed; so I spent hours working my way through it including a proper compression test with the glow plugs out. I told him it needed new plugs as I won't re-use old ones for fear of them snapping and he agreed. Eventually I worked out it was the injectors and quoted him £1800 to replace them, he declined and wanted to get rid of the car by pulling a fast one on the finance company. We billed him extremely fairly for what we had done and he whinged like crazy but eventually paid and buggered off. He came back Friday, obviously his rouse with the finance company had failed and he accused me of fitting second hand glow plugs and ripping him off and wouldn't explain any further, threatening legal action-knob... it's people like that over the last 30 years who have made me ill; you go all out to help them and they throw it back in your face. Then you get super people, real friends and life long customers like Ken the biscuit man and others like him that make life worthwhile.

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 1 0

10. Re: Touareg Brakes Coming on when driving 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    fishing, thats what you need, some time fishing. nottingham has some wonderful places to fish.. thats what i like to do as one of my de stress things, other than the rc cars, walking and camping, cycling etc...

1 1 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast