1. Call me stupid... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ...but, when I was going through the specs of the VW Passat on the Parkers website, I thought that the 1.8T Sport (mines a 1999 V-reg) had traction control and a multifunction computer.
    When you turn the ignition on and the dashboard lights are displayed, there's not one for Traction Control. Is it just fitted on as standard? Or does the car not actually have it (was it an optional extra?).

I test drove a 1.8T SE estate on a T-reg before I bought this car. It was tiptronic and had this cool red computer display on the dash (displayed what gear you were in etc.) Its not on the Sport so was it only something fitted to the SE?

And can anyone recommend a decent breakers? I need to urgently replace the homemade CHICKENWIRE front grille for a VAG grill with badge. Would prefer to buy 2nd hand cos after the service and belt change last week, money's tight!

And finally (deep breath) I am looking for a Satin Silver front & rear bumper so if anyone's got one they want to flog (and I KNOW how unlikely this is) get in touch!

Cheers!

Be seeing you,
    LSDJ

0 0 0

2. Re: Call me stupid... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First things first.

Does your car have a button marked "ESP" on the centre console left of the stereo?

If yes then you have traction control and that if memory serves is a greeny coloured circular arrow with a triangle in the middle.

If you press the ESP button, presuming you have one this light should illuminate in the speedo area.

Now, regarding gear indication, I think you only get the display if you have a tiptronic gearbox...

Decent breaker... hmmm depends on where you live, in Wiltshire a good breaker is Jones of Devizes...

Oh and I don't know of any satin silver bumpers going begging

0 0 0

3. Re: Call me stupid... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, i had a 99 sport no TC and only a basic LCD read out on the dash for outside temp MPG and i think service intervals but little else. i now have a 2001 sport still no TC so i think it must have been an option but i do now have the red computer read out for everything from service intervals to ice warnings MPG and engine faults,doors/boot open etc however only the AUTO gets the gear read out not manual i'm afraid. Nige.

0 0 0

4. Re: Call me stupid... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could be that only B5.5's (post 2001) got TC

Ho hum, mine has it

0 0 0

5. Re: Call me stupid... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LSDJ View Post
    Call me stupid...

Your Stupid! (Sorry couldn't resist )

Try putting your VIN number into one of the Vehicle checker sites and see what it brings up....

Good luck

Nick
    1.9 tdi PD 100 Bora
    110cc pitbike, 4 speed semi-auto
    110cc Off road buggy, 4 speed semi-auto

0 0 0