Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All

I am due to pick up my first ever (unglamorous but practical) VW this Friday. I have had awful luck with cars over the last few years and this, at 5k is the most I have ever spent. I have a quote for warranty cover but need to know if I insure the DPF as an 'extra' as I have read these can be problematic.

Any idea how I can find out if my car to be has DPF? I don't have it to look for a sticker as I have been advised to do. I can of course call the garage but just wanted to get it sorted...

Also any advice as to insuring the turbo as an extra as again, ive read these can be an issue and expensive to fix.

Thanks for any advice

Carrie

0 0 0

2. Re: Touran 2.0 TDI Sport 07 plate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Hi welcome to the forum, I had a 1.9 touran for about 70k miles and 5 years and it was a pretty practical and generally reliable family battle wagon.

To be sure if it has DPF fitted or not you need the 3 letter engine code, the garage should give you this. some of the 140 and 170 engines had them fitted but not sure if they all did. The pd engine wasn't best suited to DPF's.
    I do know a few pals who have had to replace turbos on the 2 litre diesel engines. Be worth considering insurance on it but read the warranty small print.
    Hopefully you are DPF free, I've no idea on a warranty on a DPF, I suspect it would be expensive to insure but more expensive to replace.

If you get the car and need it checking over, I suggest you contact C&R enterprises in Nottingham, one of the site sponsors here, and VW experts.

0 0 0

3. Re: Touran 2.0 TDI Sport 07 plate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks rob. Ill get in contact with the garage tomorrow. Ive been quoted £315 inc dpf and wear and tear so the warranty seems sound. Seems silly to insure it if it doesn't have one though!

0 0 0

4. Re: Touran 2.0 TDI Sport 07 plate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    OK, - check that warranty closely as well and see if it also covers the dual mass flywheel. hope the car works out well for you. We had no major trouble with ours.

0 0 0

5. Re: Touran 2.0 TDI Sport 07 plate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive checked and it covers the flywheel and the turbo. Just need to check re the DPF now. Thanks for your help

0 0 0

6. Re: Touran 2.0 TDI Sport 07 plate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has been confirmed there is no DPF. Is it worth covering the EGR? or is that optional as well? SOrry for the (probably obvious) question but im going from a recommendation from a friend so have no idea really! Would the EGR be classed as part of the transmission and would my car have one...

Last warranty question, I promise!

0 0 0