Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    It has an AJL engine (132Kw), DWR box, a DAJ final drive, it is a type 8D2 0G5 and was built 15.07.1999 and is a 2000 model year.
    You need to check the continuity of the yellow/white wire from pin 2 on the N75 plug back to pin 64 on the ECU plug.
    With the fuel pump running, pin 1 on the N75 (red/green) should have battery voltage.
    May have diagnosed the pcv had split at the T and plastic line connecting had massive split

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Crankfoam 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    I would not have expected that to cause a non starting problem and if it had been running with that for any length of time it would have stored idle and mixture control errors amongst others.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 1 0

3. Re: Crankfoam 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    This seems to be moving further and further from the first post, regarding the engine oil being overfilled, which could have caused a variety of problems.

The OP does not seem to have followed any of the suggestions, e.g. instead of cleaning out the cylinders, he seems to have cleaned out the throttle body.

Does "I dropped 2x 1.25 coke bottle and just under a litre of another in oil" mean that this was the amount of oil removed to return to the correct level, or the total amount of oil removed to empty the sump?

It's beginning to sound to me as if the turbo oil seal has failed and excessive oil is going into the intake system.
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 1 0

4. Re: Crankfoam 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchAudi View Post
    This seems to be moving further and further from the first post, regarding the engine oil being overfilled, which could have caused a variety of problems.

The OP does not seem to have followed any of the suggestions, e.g. instead of cleaning out the cylinders, he seems to have cleaned out the throttle body.

Does "I dropped 2x 1.25 coke bottle and just under a litre of another in oil" mean that this was the amount of oil removed to return to the correct level, or the total amount of oil removed to empty the sump?

It's beginning to sound to me as if the turbo oil seal has failed and excessive oil is going into the intake system.
    I had dropped all oil from the sump filling the coke bottles as where else would i drain all the oil simple maths is just under or over the 4L mark?
    Spark plugs were removed and cleaner was thrown into the cylinders and cleaned alot of oil out
    Then oil was drained (from the sump again)
    Refilled correct level
    Then as im following lines and watching youtube self help vids and speaking to a mech i removed throttle body and oil was everywhere yes pouring into the dump pipes seen they were coated in oil where i know it shouldnt but my pcv valve was split and the casing which apart from the oil in the going through the throttle i cant understand why. The problem only occured after putting oil in the car driving the highway hearing the awful tick sound then the car stalled itself just after exiting the highway.

Have explained every step as ive done it and everything i have done leading up to the event, have you been following the topic from the start?

0 0 0

5. Re: Crankfoam 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would not have expected that to cause a non starting problem and if it had been running with that for any length of time it would have stored idle and mixture control errors amongst others.
    Below with oil in the intake are we talking leading out of the throttle body cause also makes sense relays and fuses are fine have not tested voltage yet will need multi

0 0 0

6. Re: Crankfoam 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

0 0 0

7. Re: Crankfoam 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuTMonkeY View Post
    I had dropped all oil from the sump filling the coke bottles as where else would i drain all the oil simple maths is just under or over the 4L mark?
    Spark plugs were removed and cleaner was thrown into the cylinders and cleaned alot of oil out
    Then oil was drained (from the sump again)
    Refilled correct level
    Then as im following lines and watching youtube self help vids and speaking to a mech i removed throttle body and oil was everywhere yes pouring into the dump pipes seen they were coated in oil where i know it shouldnt but my pcv valve was split and the casing which apart from the oil in the going through the throttle i cant understand why. The problem only occured after putting oil in the car driving the highway hearing the awful tick sound then the car stalled itself just after exiting the highway.

Have explained every step as ive done it and everything i have done leading up to the event, have you been following the topic from the start?
    Yes, I have read and followed your topic from the beginning. Have you looked back over it?

Your title is "Crankfoam" but you said nothing about this.
    I found your descriptions, and terminology such as "dropped", "dumped", "thrown", etc. confusing.
    You didn't reply to Crasher's question as to the noise you heard on the road.
    You don't seem to have checked your cam timing as he suggested.
    After he suggested cleaning out the cylinders you replied "Have done throttle body cleaner loosened alot of stale oil but replace sparks still no start", which seemed to me as if you just cleaned the throttle body.
    After Crasher wrote "You need to check for a spark and this means each plug must be soundly earthed to prevent damage to the coil pack. Even then you can get a spark from a faulty coil pack in the open atmosphere but once under compression in the cylinder at 14Bar, the spark will not ionize and jump the gap. Are you sure fuel is being injected?" You replied "Checking the injectors today" - nothing about sparks.
    In your last post you quoted Crasher but you did not say anything, and I could not understand your post before that.

Maybe the confusion is due to you talking to so many different people and also using textspeak on your iphone. I lived some time in Australia and thought I understood the language, but it seems to have changed since then.

I won't bother you with any further comments.
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 1 0

8. Re: Crankfoam 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchAudi View Post
    Yes, I have read and followed your topic from the beginning. Have you looked back over it?

Your title is "Crankfoam" but i said i overfilled oil and had it go into crankcasing and whip the oil?

I won't bother you with any further comments.
    And all youve done is point out my faults, not tried to help in anyway or had even anygood advice on my faults thanks for not leaving anymore comments i dont like being put down.

Sparks are brand new but issue i need multi to check wiring on bank 1,2.

0 0 0

9. Crankfoam 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Last edited by BiscuTMonkeY; 12-03-2017 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Click to watch video

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234