Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

looking for advice,

2 weeks ago today I purchased an approved Audi A5 2013 plate 2 door coupe from Manchester Audi.

Ive had a couple of misgivings since buying it, namely that it was advertised with DAB and cruise control, but it wasn't until I left with the car and was halfway on the way back to Glasgow that I spotted it had neither . I appreciate that this was my fault for not checking these were present and have kinda made peace with that, but I was distracted by other things at the time, namely waiting on the dealer being able to present the proof of services for the gearbox etc. My fault for again buying on a sunday. Anyway I digress. I had noticed a not insignificant stone chip on the front bumper and rather than leaving the car to be repaired, I opted for a £100 discount to the price in order to get it repaired myself. The car also had only 2 mths MOT on it at this point and again, rather than having to come back to Manchester (from glasgow) I agreed with them that they would pay for the MOT and and subsequent costs that may arise from this (going in on Tuesday to local Audi garage).

I come to the main issue, today I was polishing the car for the first time and discovered that the wing is out of alignment with the bonnet, it is likely only noticeable to me or someone looking for it, but I'm worried regarding paintwork warranties and any future resale of the car. I have contacted the dealer regarding this by email and await their response, but what should I realistically expect them to do ?

As I mentioned, the car is an Approved Audi, I have concerns that the 145 point checks haven't been carried out properly as this would have been discovered surely if it was ? I am within the 30 day period / 1000 miles, so should I ask them to exchange the car ? The car was however very competitively priced and I don't think they would have anything similar for a similar price, alsoit states that they would only do this if it cannot be repaired ?

So guys, what do you think I should do ? I have offered to take it to the local dealer to be inspected, but what if they ask me to bring it back to them ? It's a 230 mile journey, not to mention the expense ? I'd then obviously have to go back and get it.

I just think that that as I had purchased an approved vehicle that this issue should not have arisen, I realise that may be stupidity / naivety on my part, but was it too much to expect ?

Any advice appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: What Should I do ? Bought an approved A5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    did you do an hpi check to find out what happened to it, i.e. the accident it was involved in ? was it advertised as such, cat d etc.. ??
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

1 0 0

3. Re: What Should I do ? Bought an approved A5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would have thought that buying from Manchester Audi that there wouldn't have been any need to do so. They stated that it hadn't been in any accidents

0 0 0

4. Re: What Should I do ? Bought an approved A5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    ok, first lesson, an hpi check is cheap compared to the price of a car and no one should buy a car over about a grand without doing an hpi check. so, it will take you 5 mins, do an hpi check.

1 1 0

5. Re: What Should I do ? Bought an approved A5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, done one, nothing detrimental whatsoever on the report.

1 1 0

6. Re: What Should I do ? Bought an approved A5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    thats cool, at least we know... nothing worse than finding out its been nicked and found, given a cat c, fixed and sold on without you knowing. would make it next to worthless when you want to sell it. a bit like buying a house without a survey and finding its built on an old landfill site.

1 1 0

7. Re: What Should I do ? Bought an approved A5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very true, I guess I was a tad naive in thinking that the dealer would tick all the boxes necessary for an approved vehicle.

The car was very competitively price, hence driving to Manchester to get it, but starting to think it was more hassle than it was worth, especially if it has to go back to be rectified. I doubt I'll be able to get them to have it rectified at a local dealer. The car is absolutely gorgeous just that the alignment on the drivers side wing and bonnet concerns me, but the paint looks pretty perfect, almost too perfect.

0 1 0

8. Re: What Should I do ? Bought an approved A5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    sounds like its been repaired. might have been done not through insurance. if you look at the wing in the seam at the top, is there any makers mark. some aftermarket ones do ... also be worth getting in touch with the previous owner, see if they can throw any light on it. but, at the end of the day its been mis described, which is bad, and would give me enough reason to reject it.

1 1 0

9. Re: What Should I do ? Bought an approved A5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Getting a bit dark now, so difficult to check tonight, I'll have a look in the morning.

Do you know how I would go about rejecting it ? Also what would they do If I did, will they refund me ? Will they try to replace it or rectify it ?

Such a PITA being that I have transferred my plate and insurance onto it ��

0 0 0

10. Re: What Should I do ? Bought an approved A5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    i would call them and have a chat, see what they say. tell them you think its had a new wing and bonnet which means its been pranged and you are not happy. others here are more clued up about rejecting it, i just fix them.

1 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast