1. Esp and Abs lights coming on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So I'm sure this has been asked before but I've searched and not found the answer so here goes...

Just brought an A4 B6 cabriolet :-) but when I brought it the abs and esp lights were on , I paid only £1500 and had someone run a vagcom before handing money over which said the rear left speed sensor was faulty so figured not too bad of a fix!!!
    So, just had a mechanic replace the sensor with Oem part , at first lights went out , happy days , but then appeared again , boo, after restarting they went out again , and reappeared again!! I have noticed that they only come back on once I have depressed pedal for a few seconds and when I release it they come on ! Does that make any sense?

I would very much like for some one to now tell me they can diagnose over email and it's an easy fix ;-)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist .

Names Andu btw and I'm a Noob :-)

Ta

0 0 0

2. Re: Esp and Abs lights coming on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Scan Vcds again see the fault code
    eye for an eye means the whole world goes blind

0 0 0

3. Re: Esp and Abs lights coming on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arman123 View Post
    Scan Vcds again see the fault code
    Hi, I don't have access to that for a while and just want to kinda reassure myself car is safe to drive ( icy road me etc ).

I've noticed today that the brake needs to be fully depressed and braking.l relatively hard to trigger the lights Is this relevant.

Could this be as simple as a brake light switch. ?

0 1 0

4. Re: Esp and Abs lights coming on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    probably a problem with the reluctor ring . needs scanning and looking at live data whilst driving to detrmine whats goin on.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 1 0

5. Re: Esp and Abs lights coming on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Brake light switches are pretty common failure in older cars, about 11 quid from TPS last time I did one on a fabia. I've also had a dirty reluctor ring throw intermittent ABS fault on my 2005 passat.

0 0 0

6. Re: Esp and Abs lights coming on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Do you mean the brake lamps to not illuminate unless the pedal is depressed very hard? Could i ask if the servo is working okay? ie. Engine running, pedal soft to depress, engine off, after 2 or 3 depressions pedal goes hard to push?
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

7. Re: Esp and Abs lights coming on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The brake lamps seem to work as they should, Servo is as described ! Car brakes fine and when engine off stiffens after a few pumps,
    Randomly I remembered that just after mechanic had replaced speed sensor when I turned engine on the driver display indicated rear light problem and indeed a lamp was out but after a tap the lamp came on and dash no longer showed a problem. This issue hasn't been seen before or since ! Could it be relevant ?

Thanks to all ,by the way ,for this help :-)

0 0 0

8. Re: Esp and Abs lights coming on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also I meant that when brake pedal pressed hard the esp and abs lights come on and won't go until engine restarted. They don't come on at any speed when brakes just tapped or used sparingly but only when braking harder ( like coming to a stop at motorway slip road kind of stopping , make any sense ?

0 0 0

9. Re: Esp and Abs lights coming on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So after getting someone to pull the code it has come back as 65535 with seems to be maybe related to airbag? I have no airbag lights up or anything. Is this right ? Any ideas ?

Cheers

0 0 0

10. Re: Esp and Abs lights coming on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    The fault is intermittent and could be a number of things.

FWIW, I have the same fault, but with a G201 brake sensor fault. That in itself does not necessarily mean it is the sensor, but the problem is in the sensor line somewhere.

A brake pedal switch could cause your problem and would be the cheapest option, but going down the route of replacing components on basis of price is a fools errand. I am surprised that you have no other codes, however.

0 1 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast