1. A4 S line joys...and woes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After 12 weeks + my A4 Tdi 190 Sline arrived on Friday to work. The car was ordered through Lex Autolease and came from Aberdeen to Leeds!
    The good bits -
    loving the stronic box, it's the first auto I've had, and pleasantly surprised how smooth it is
    Plenty of go, picks up very well
    Interior is fantastic, and virtual cockpit is just a thing of wonder

The bad bits -
    It was absolutely filthy when it came off the truck after spending over 24 hrs on a transporter
    Knocking from the left rear, when driving over a bump or pot hole.
    It's an Ultra which are supposed to sit low, but a mate who I passed on the motorway messaged me and said it was sitting a bit *** high. Why would this be? He wondered if the delivery shocks might still be fitted. Might explain the knocking...
    Emissions control system warning light came on yesterday. It drives perfect but should I be concerned? I'm driving to Glasgow tomorrow for work!

Opinions and theories welcome...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 0 0

2. Re: A4 S line joys...and woes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    It's under warranty. Get it straight in.
    The bumping could be the transit blocks which might explain the ride height.
    The emissions light is worrying but that's why you should get it looked at. Depending on the dealer they may just tell you to call Audi assist! Very frustrating with a new motor but hopefully just gremlins.
    The emissions light might clear after a run as it has probably been doing lots of start stop on transports for the last few weeks.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 S line joys...and woes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I rang Audi Assist for advice and they sent someone out straight away, which happened to be an AA patrolman. He was here within 20minutes! The car is too new for his system so took a bit of faffing around to get his computer to work out what car it was. It came up with two Adblue faults, but no Adblue warning light was present. He rang VW tech desk who told him to clear the fault and for me to drive it as normal and see if it comes back, and it's more than likely an Adblue level sensor or issue.
    As for the knocking, it's a protective rubber and plastic trumpet thing on the near side rear shock that's come loose. He couldn't get it back in place, so I'll book it in tomorrow.
    More worryingly, I've just given the missus a tutorial on how to work stuff and the auto transmission and she's gone out in it for the first time

0 1 1

4. Re: A4 S line joys...and woes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Hopefully all good and the run to Glasgow will give you a good run.
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 1 0

5. Re: A4 S line joys...and woes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On the plus side....she's a beauty

0 1 0

6. Re: A4 S line joys...and woes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Very smart. No wonder it looked dirty with it being white!

0 0 0

7. Re: A4 S line joys...and woes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I've not had any problems, touch wood.

Still, my only gripe is the sound system that comes standard with the sline. Absolute bobbins! It's an excellent car.

0 0 0

8. Re: A4 S line joys...and woes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You're right about the sound system, it's no where near as good as what I had in my Sline A3.
    Fingers crossed the Adblue system is fixed, apparently is was leaking when under pressure! My local dealer fixed it the same day.
    Other than it's a lovely car

0 0 0

9. Re: A4 S line joys...and woes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowcatcher View Post
    You're right about the sound system....
    This is a growing problem with speccing new cars, there is no (practical) way to try out every option and check if it is OK, great or rubbish – how does it compare with standard kit or previous models etc..

What really annoyed me with reviews of the (then new) A4 was the lack of research/effort put in by so-called journalists – for example, I read several reviews praising the “Adaptive suspension”, yet not one of those reviews (including British magazines) stated which of the two available variants it was! They might as well have said the colour of paint is nice without mentioning what colour it is.
    Previous: 1984 80 1.8 Sport, 1989 90 2.2. / 2009 A4 3.0TDi S Line Tiptronic.
    2016 A4 2.0 (252) TFSI S-Line Quat. S-Tronic

0 0 0

10. Re: A4 S line joys...and woes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Most car journos are lazy in my opinion. They've already made up their mind that the BMW 3 series is better before they've even stepped anywhere near anything else

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast