Hi guys

So I brought an A3 cabriolet S Line beginning of August, haven’t had many problems with it, until the weather changed… I normally keep all my footwear in my boot all in their shoe boxes, after a long weekend of rain, Monday morning came and I needed the extra boot space so I moved all the shoe boxes into my house. To my surprise all the shoe boxes at the bottom were destroyed, completely soggy and flimsy and not in use, luckily the trainers are ok however the car is not. It is leaking from somewhere and I have no idea where.

This did happen some time ago and I just kept some of the shoe boxes inside my house and waited for a heavy raining day so I can work out where the leak is coming from. All the times it rained the floor of the boot was damp but wasn’t evident as to where it came from.

Until yesterday, when it snowed, the floor was soaked, see pictures below. The bottom left and right corner seems to be where its coming from, left side being wetter and even possibly the top right corner where the back seats are.

I did run my hand around the walls of the boot to see if they were wet, they weren't. however, the bottom left corner, up at the top (see the last picture for reference) was wet and it could possibly be coming from here.

0.jpg1.jpg2.jpgthis last picture is a bit hard to work out but it is the top left-hand side of the boot opening, it's not visible in this picture but it did appear to be wet here.3.jpg
I have seen online it could be the backlight fitting not secure, just from looking them seem fine. If any of you could give advice on how to check this that would be great.

I have limited mechanical knowledge but regardless I have no idea where or how the water is getting, any advice would be greatly appreciated.