Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks Zollaf,

I did have a good hard look with the torch, but will do so again. I will even try sams idea of making sure all the screws holding down the track or runner are all the way in.

If I do decide to throw caution to the wind and dismantle the seat... what should I watch out for? I have dont this in much older cars without problem (VW jetta, old fiat punto) but these modern cars have so many electical cables. There is even an airbag there (I think). What should I watch out for?

0 0 0

2. Re: Electric Seat won't go all the way forward, Drivers side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    disconnect battery first.. thats all really. airbag is not a problem. sometimes the connectors dont connect enough and you get a warning light, in which case the correct fix is anew connector, the quick fix is to solder the wires together.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

1 1 0

3. Re: Electric Seat won't go all the way forward, Drivers side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marcosharko View Post
    Hi Sam,

just a quick thought.....If I am going to be exact, the seat stops going forward EXACTLY when it seems to hit the end of the rail. On the passenger side, it goes past the end of the rail. I watched this in close up many times, just to try and figure out what is going on.

I wonder if there is some sensor that 'thinks' it is at the end of the rail.
    Does it stop with a thunk as if it's hitting something or does it simply stop?

Zollaf's on the money so far.

A friend had the W12 A8L which was bought salvage because the electrics decided they didn't want to work any more. Audi wanted 30k (parts 'n' labour) to replace most of the looms. He ended up doing it himself for a fraction of the cost. Lovely piece of engineering but a nightmare when they go wrong.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

1 0 0

4. Re: Electric Seat won't go all the way forward, Drivers side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi Sam,

did I read that correct, Audi wanted 30k to replace most of the looms? 30K? £30,000 ..??? THIRTY THOUSAND OF OUR ENGLISH POUNDS???

In answer to your question Sam, it doesn't stop with a thunk, it just stops with exactly the same noise as the passenger side. To my unskilled mind, it almost seems that if there was a sensor telling it to stop at the end of the rail, the sensor now seems to think that the end of the rail is sooner than it is. It's worse at certain seat heights. You can go back and up and down, and it sort of stops short or a bit shorter, but there is no height at which it will go ALL the way forward, like it used to do. It's very annoying. It might be easier to simply get a taller wife! (surprised that neither of you have suggested it...it's the quick fix, but then again, its probably going to be be even more than £30k... it was last time anyhows).

0 0 0

5. Re: Electric Seat won't go all the way forward, Drivers side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marcosharko View Post
    hi Sam,

did I read that correct, Audi wanted 30k to replace most of the looms? 30K? £30,000 ..??? THIRTY THOUSAND OF OUR ENGLISH POUNDS???

Yup, insane isn't it. It was just out of warranty.

In answer to your question Sam, it doesn't stop with a thunk, it just stops with exactly the same noise as the passenger side. To my unskilled mind, it almost seems that if there was a sensor telling it to stop at the end of the rail, the sensor now seems to think that the end of the rail is sooner than it is. It's worse at certain seat heights. You can go back and up and down, and it sort of stops short or a bit shorter, but there is no height at which it will go ALL the way forward, like it used to do. It's very annoying. It might be easier to simply get a taller wife! (surprised that neither of you have suggested it...it's the quick fix, but then again, its probably going to be be even more than £30k... it was last time anyhows).
    Time for a scan I think.

Where in London are you and is anyone on our VCDS map close enough > Vagcom/VCDS User Locations

As for the wife, have you seen Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? You could do what Short Round did and tape blocks to her feet

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

6. Re: Electric Seat won't go all the way forward, Drivers side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Sam,

thanks for your reply...I am located in Croydon. Which is south london.

I will try the VCDS tool that you kindly pointed to...thanks for your help! I will make sure to update the thread and let you know what the problem / solution is,,,,nothing worse than finding a thread that outlines a problem, then does not mention the solution!!!

0 1 0

7. Re: Electric Seat won't go all the way forward, Drivers side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    can you hear different noise from seat motor when it is coming to end? if motor will have high resistance it will stop to prevent damage. there may be rust on roll bar or lack of grease causing higher resistance to the motor

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Electric Seat won't go all the way forward, Drivers side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Damtom - no there is not a different noise. The noise is the same.

I will be trying again today to solve this annoying and persistent problem.

Thanks very much for your input!

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12