1. Help me spec the Allroad's replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I posted on here about 6 months ago about swapping in the A6 Allroad, but struggling to find something as good.
    Having spent a good few days in various showrooms around my local town, Im getting closer. I put a deposit on an Evoque, but after sleeping on it, I wasn't excited - plus £40k for a pretend Range Rover seems overkill!
    But tonight I tested a car that made me feel like a kid, and for that alone, it has to win!

I took the new Audi S5 Coupe for a spin, and the noise alone is amazing!
    But it's the S4 Avant that I think will get the signature, providing I can battle the dealer to make the numbers more appealing.

Does anyone own, or have any experience with the latest S4? It's £47k in base spec, so don't want to be ticking options for anything I don't need, especially since metallic paint is a £645 extra! I'm in my twenties so as it is I'm probably being a bit silly buying a car of this value, but I love my Allroad and BMW Z4, so it's a brilliant way to combine the two.

So VWAudiform, do your work and help me spec an S4.
    So far - brilliant black, 19" 10 spoke wheels, virtual cockpit and tempted with the black pack too. I'm going to get the windows tinted privately, as Audi want close to £500 for the job!

0 0 0

2. Re: Help me spec the Allroad's replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    A couple of the guys in the A4 forum have then although they may be saloons. Definitely better than the evoque- it really is ugly. Have you checked the prices on some of the broker sites? I think there were discounts in the region of 5-6k.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

3. Re: Help me spec the Allroad's replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've used CarWow and got just over £5K off, but that's on a stock car that's got lots of options, and it's still more than a base version.
    Going to have to call around to see if there are any good stock cars

0 0 0

4. Re: Help me spec the Allroad's replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Do the S cars come with Tech pack as standard?
    The B9 fully digital dash is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Help me spec the Allroad's replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The central sash as screen is ticked £250 is worthy option!

0 0 0

6. Re: Help me spec the Allroad's replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds awesome! Not an S4 but do have a B9 Avant (I wanted one right away and the 3.0TDI just has SO MUCH TORQUE!). These are my favourite toys:
    Virtual cockpit - I just never get tired of that
    Matrix LED headlamps - great at this time of year and cool to watch them at work. Swishing indicators are nice too
    Adaptive suspension - better ride in general and useful to switch from soft (motorway cruise) to firm (back-road fun)
    360 parking camera - the wife's logic was that it should pay for itself in reduced visits from Mr Chips Away!
    B&O speakers - worthwhile if you're a music fan
    Oh and the kids love the extended LED lighting inside, although I must turn it off the festive red and green

There's nothing I added that I regret having and, equally, nothing that I wish I'd added. If I have another I might go for the sports diff too but there's definitely not lack of grip in the corners without it! Let us know what head and heart are telling you.

Btw, I've had lots of success getting local dealers to match broker quotes. I would be looking for ~12-13% off the car and ~5% off the extras right now in line with the deals available online.
    Audi A4 (B9) Avant 3.0 TDI (272) Quattro with lots of toys

0 1 0

7. Re: Help me spec the Allroad's replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So today I had a dealer call and tell me about a car he had in stock. It's available next week and far cheaper than any others. It comes in the dark blue, but with no options at all.
    I'll miss the screen and flat wheel, but the saving is too good to ignore!
    I'll post the pictures once I've got it!

0 0 0