1. Google Earth Clarity 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Some time in the last month or so, Goggle Earth on maximum zoom has been blurred (Torquay area). My data connection is good and if I use my home PC and zoom-in its image is as sharp as always. The Google images in question haven't been updated since 2011, so nothing has changed since getting the car. Puzzled to say the least.
    Previous: 1984 80 1.8 Sport, 1989 90 2.2. / 2009 A4 3.0TDi S Line Tiptronic.
    2016 A4 2.0 (252) TFSI S-Line Quat. S-Tronic

0 0 0

2. Re: Google Earth Clarity 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Mine does this in new areas but only for a few seconds or until it has a better signal and all the data loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

3. Re: Google Earth Clarity 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    Mine does this in new areas but only for a few seconds or until it has a better signal and all the data loads.
    Yes, that's what I thought, but it is definitely loading. I hope it will sort itself - we drove to Heathrow and back a couple of weeks ago, but as it was dark both ways I had "Earth" switched off and didn't check.

0 0 0

4. Re: Google Earth Clarity 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Maybe try an MMI reset? SIM card in and out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

5. Re: Google Earth Clarity 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    Maybe try an MMI reset? SIM card in and out?...
    Tried - no success...

0 0 0

6. Re: Google Earth Clarity 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well tried again today and everything worked - I wonder if it is because the car hadn't been used for 5 days, or just a coincidence?
    Anyway, I won't be using a data SIM for the future as Three have a plan for my mobile. Compared with my current phone-plan for an extra £4.00 a month I get an extra 3GB data a month and am permitted to tether - this is much cheaper than the SIM-Data-only plugged straight to then car. (also the plan comes with three months free during the first year).

0 0 0

7. Re: Google Earth Clarity 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spellsinger View Post
    Well tried again today and everything worked - I wonder if it is because the car hadn't been used for 5 days, or just a coincidence?
    Anyway, I won't be using a data SIM for the future as Three have a plan for my mobile. Compared with my current phone-plan for an extra £4.00 a month I get an extra 3GB data a month and am permitted to tether - this is much cheaper than the SIM-Data-only plugged straight to then car. (also the plan comes with three months free during the first year).

Just for future reference:

I have MMI + with audi connect in my A6 and have had the same issue 3 times in 2 years.

1. First time was the DATA SIM had simply run out of DATA...

2. Was an overloaded cell connection in the area I was in, ie. tower overloaded,
    DATA throttling by provider, I spoke with THREE that day.

3. Was my HDD CACHE had eaten up all spare HARD DISK SPACE (98% full) and the system was playing, delete & store with new DATA. basically not able to write the new images.

I solved problem 3 via the GREEN ENG. MENU and cleared the CACHE GEMMI. in the /googleearth sub menu
    This freed up 80%, amazing the crap the system stores from google maps.

20160617_182547a.jpg

I hopefully will be in the A4 club soon...
    2016 (B9) A4 Saloon S line 3.0 TDI quattro 272 PS tiptronic
    2012 (C7) A6 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Line, S-tronic, Sports Diff. 242PS
    2010 (C6) A6 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Line, Tiptronic, Le Mans. 233PS

1 0 0