Hi Guys, I've upgraded from an older A3 to a 2010 A3 convertible about three and a half months ago, just long enough for my warrantee to have run out. I thought it would be easier to clean my car yesterday by opening the roof and doing a serious detailing job on it. Unfortunately after I finished my cleaning, I went to put the roof back up and it stopped at about a quarter of the way up and refused to move one way or the other. In the end I had to release the hydraulic pressure in the pump and manually lift it to place and locked it with the handle provided.
I am aware there is a reset procedure for the A4 convertible, which is known to rectify a lot of the roof issues owners have reported, however as much as I've searched online, there seems to be no info on how to sort an A3 convertible roof is it because there is no way or point in doing a reset, or is it a fact that nobody knows or is the information so important, nobody wants to part with it? lol.
I hear all sorts of horror stories about garages charging hundreds to fix a roof, simply because all they do is throw a load of parts at the car and eventually guess their way to success, I can do that myself, but I'd rather go into a job with a bit of common sense and some idea as to how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if there's a garage who you can recommend in Wales that are trustworthy and knowledgeable regarding this issue, I'd be forever grateful of that info too.
I know time is precious and will be thoroughly indebted to those of you who will spare some of it to help a total stranger and newcomer to the forum such as I am.
Kindest regards
Lockster