Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Alright guys,

I've had my 2013 A4 Avant 2.0TDI 150 for just over a month now, as much I love the car I can't help but be disappointed with the mpg figures. On normal locals runs with a mixture of town and dual carriageway I'm seeing 35-38 and when I recently drove from Aberdeen to Edinburgh it only rose to around 42mpg.
    The car has had the recall remap carried out by the dealer prior to me purchasing it so I'm worried that this has maybe affected the mpg, has anyone had any experience of that?

Cheers

Kev

1 0 0

2. Re: Poor mpg? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Sounds about right. my wife's one had a long term average of 43 on the DIS and struggled to get 50mpg on a long run.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

3. Re: Poor mpg? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Be thankful you didn't go for the 3.0 tdi if mpg is a concern,

I am fortunate if I get 300 miles per tank.

0 0 0

4. Re: Poor mpg? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My old man has a 2.0tdi 170 allroad and is seeing a good 6-8 mpg more than me through town and on long drives, that's what made me think mine was pretty poor as I would of thought with a more powerful engine and the added fuel consumption of 4wd drive his would of been worse.
    Also his hasn't had the recall done yet so I was thinking that was also making a difference.

0 0 0

5. Re: Poor mpg? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch6301 View Post
    My old man has a 2.0tdi 170 allroad and is seeing a good 6-8 mpg more than me through town and on long drives, that's what made me think mine was pretty poor as I would of thought with a more powerful engine and the added fuel consumption of 4wd drive his would of been worse.
    Also his hasn't had the recall done yet so I was thinking that was also making a difference.
    Ive got a 2012 B8.5 Allroad 2.0TDI Quattro (177PS). It's had the software update. No noticible reduction in power, but I'd say the fuel efficiency is marginally down. Could be coincidence as at this time of year the temperature effects consumption. I get 500 out of a tank, averaging 42mpg. That's standard Shell or BP diesel.
    2016 BMW i3 REx (25k)
    2012 A4 Allroad Quattro 2.0 TDI (55k)
    2003 A2 1.4 TDI SE (166k) sold
    2001 B5 A4 2.5 TDI Avant Quattro Sport, (173k), sold
    1995 B4 80 1.9 TDI Avant SE, (175k), sold

0 0 0

6. Re: Poor mpg? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch6301 View Post
    Alright guys,

I've had my 2013 A4 Avant 2.0TDI 150 for just over a month now, as much I love the car I can't help but be disappointed with the mpg figures. On normal locals runs with a mixture of town and dual carriageway I'm seeing 35-38 and when I recently drove from Aberdeen to Edinburgh it only rose to around 42mpg.
    The car has had the recall remap carried out by the dealer prior to me purchasing it so I'm worried that this has maybe affected the mpg, has anyone had any experience of that?

Cheers

Kev
    Get on a straight piece of road, boot the car for a few hundred yards and keep in 2nd gear, keep the revs just under the red and blast all the rubbish out of the exhaust

Then reset your computer , your power & MPG should return ................ you need to do this once a blue moon

Your engine will open up after 50,000 miles and give better mpg

You need to fill the car to the brim and tells us how far you can get on a full tank of diesel
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

7. Re: Poor mpg? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Having a similar query with my A4 Avant. 2013 1.8 TFSI 180bhp.

Im getting about 26 MPG average and its never seen 40mpg!

I was considering having it re mapped to 220bhp but would that make it worse?

Cheers
    Steve

0 0 0

8. Re: Poor mpg? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niall campbell View Post
    Get on a straight piece of road, boot the car for a few hundred yards and keep in 2nd gear, keep the revs just under the red and blast all the rubbish out of the exhaust

Then reset your computer , your power & MPG should return ................ you need to do this once a blue moon

Your engine will open up after 50,000 miles and give better mpg

You need to fill the car to the brim and tells us how far you can get on a full tank of diesel
    You could kill two birds with one stone. On higher mileage Audis I've used a can of Forte diesel conditioner. Apply straight to fuel filter. Run hard in 2nd and 3rd gear. On completion, renew fuel filter and top up with fresh diesel before fitting.
    2016 BMW i3 REx (25k)
    2012 A4 Allroad Quattro 2.0 TDI (55k)
    2003 A2 1.4 TDI SE (166k) sold
    2001 B5 A4 2.5 TDI Avant Quattro Sport, (173k), sold
    1995 B4 80 1.9 TDI Avant SE, (175k), sold

0 0 0