1. Re: New Car options BiTDi? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Like said, a very nice choice. The engine makes all the difference. Drove mine back to Cologne from the UK today and despite high speed etc etc still retured a respectable 40+ mpg. The shove this engine has is truly fantastic!
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

2. Re: New Car options BiTDi? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Great Choice! You will love it and I hope you get updates like I did with build dates and the like.

The tow bar from the factory is the way to do it as its about £1450 to retrofit from Audi.

The ambient lighting pack is cool too as you can adjust how bright you have the lighting- gimmicky but cool.

Had you considered the electric folding wing mirrors too?

0 0 0

3. Re: New Car options BiTDi? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmcb View Post

Had you considered the electric folding wing mirrors too?
    I had folding mirrors on a previous car, but I hardly ever used them. The tow bar is a bit of a random choice - I don't tow anything, but was thinking I may do so in the future, but nothing definite. Was thinking I might be better using this money towards panoramic roof as would get the benefit of that every time I drove the car.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0

4. Re: New Car options BiTDi? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAudi View Post
    Like said, a very nice choice. The engine makes all the difference. Drove mine back to Cologne from the UK today and despite high speed etc etc still retured a respectable 40+ mpg. The shove this engine has is truly fantastic!
    Will be interesting see how the S6 compares to the BiTDi when you get it, its 0.6 secs quicker to 60, but through the gears may be an interesting comparison.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0

5. New Car options BiTDi? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinos View Post
    I had folding mirrors on a previous car, but I hardly ever used them. The tow bar is a bit of a random choice - I don't tow anything, but was thinking I may do so in the future, but nothing definite. Was thinking I might be better using this money towards panoramic roof as would get the benefit of that every time I drove the car.
    The black edition has folding mirrors as standard (with memory). My current car folds the mirrors in on locking - I hope it's the same on the A6 as it's means you don't have to manually switch them.

I'm still unsure about whether I should get the factory towbar, namely because I have another car which I use for towing, but thought sometimes it might be nice to take the bikes on the back of the A6.

Any ideas how it folds down? Is there a button in the boot to release it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: New Car options BiTDi? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    There is a cable pull (similar to a bonnet release) in the left-hand storage compartment of the boot area. That releases the tow bar and then you just snap it down into the locked position. A second pull of the cable unlocks it and then you just snap it back into the stored position.

0 0 0

7. Re: New Car options BiTDi? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great choice of car. I love my Bi Turbo...Great colour too!
    Windows do fold electronically, however, I think there is a pending software update to make that automatic upon locking. Still waiting for that.

0 0 0

8. Re: New Car options BiTDi? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinos View Post
    Will be interesting see how the S6 compares to the BiTDi when you get it, its 0.6 secs quicker to 60, but through the gears may be an interesting comparison.
    I have a feeling that the S6 is in a different leauge altogether. On paper, the S6 is 0.6s quicker but it has the same 0-62 as my 2015 Mustang GT and that is seriously quicker than the BiTdi, ie the latter doesn't have a chance. Certainly not in a straight line! It will be interesting to see how the S6 actually drives from day to day.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

9. Re: New Car options BiTDi? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAudi View Post
    I have a feeling that the S6 is in a different leauge altogether. On paper, the S6 is 0.6s quicker but it has the same 0-62 as my 2015 Mustang GT and that is seriously quicker than the BiTdi, ie the latter doesn't have a chance. Certainly not in a straight line! It will be interesting to see how the S6 actually drives from day to day.
    I agree completely. My Golf R on paper is only 0.1 (or 0.2 depending on who you listen to) seconds quicker to 60, but driving both back to back and the Audi felt a slower and not as lively. The S6 may be the same body but the engine is a different animal. It's like comparing the 2.0 tdi ultra with a BiTdi because they're both diesels.

I'd have had the S6 in a heart beat if it was about £5k cheaper... but then if I was considering the S6 I'd probably have gone and purchased the mustang convertible I also looked at and a cheap diesel estate of some sort...

0 0 0

10. Re: New Car options BiTDi? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSRed View Post
    but then if I was considering the S6 I'd probably have gone and purchased the mustang convertible I also looked at and a cheap diesel estate of some sort...
    I've had a two car garage for some time, carefully working funds and car allowances from work to allow this. It started when I had my S3 in 2001. I bought a £1,000 300E Merc which I used for tip runs whilst renovating the house, pub runs etc. I did 25k miles in it over the 4 years I ran it , which inevitably helped preserve value in the S3, the value which was rolled into its replacement an E46 330 Diesel Cab which I had remapped by DMS.

I then had an Avensis Estate as the practical car alongside the E46 Cab. The E46 was soon sold to be replaced by the Z4M I still have, and will be keeping for the foreseeable. Once I had paid off the Z4, the Avensis went, replaced with the A6 I have at present. Each time I have tried to improve on the car before. Its taken 12 years to do this, with a hiccup in the middle when I didn't work for 5 months due to the recession, but worth the effort, and 4 years in an Avensis helped me afford the Z.

I'm now hankering after adding to the fleet, maybe another cheap pub car, something I'm not worried about where I leave it, or precious about keeping it clean etc, or a 4x4. A Defender is appealing, but would be nervous where I left it due to theft risk. I once left the Merc at a pub for a week from one weekend to the next after a good night out - don't think I could do that with a Defender.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

1 1 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast