Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Ordered my First Audi (A6 BiTDi BE)

1. Ordered my First Audi (A6 BiTDi BE) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Hello all,

I've just placed an order for my first Audi which I'm hoping will be delivered in March. I've currently got a MK7 Golf R which I absolutely love, but after nearly 2 years and a long term MPG of less than 20, a new clutch & flywheel (granted paid for by VW) and each set of all 4 tyres lasting only 6,000 miles (I'm on my 3rd set), I thought I needed something I could be a bit more sensible in.

As such I've ordered an A6 BiTDi Black Edition Avant, which should be as quick when I want it, but hopefully won't provoke me to redline it in every gear.
    I do love the Golf, but it is far too small and going away is always a struggle (I'm a single dad with a 2 year old and a dog) so often I end up taking my Honda CRV instead, which is horrible and dreary to drive but has space.

As for the A6, I've gone for Misano Red with the black interior, Matrix Headlights, Tech Pack Advanced, Advanced Key, Advanced Parking Pack, LED Ambient Lighting and the smart phone interface along with the optional S-Line sports suspension. I've heard mixed reviews about it, but I prefer the harder suspension (although I wasn't able to test it for myself). Any views on this will be appreciated, in case I need to change my order.

I know the A6 is due a replacement soon, but after looking at the BMW 5 series and the Mercedes C and E Class as well as the CLS Shooting Brake, I decided the Audi offered the all round package I was looking for, and with a stonking discount made it even more attractive. I very nearly ordered it in Mythos Black but after seeing a Misano Red Avant on here, my mind was made up!

I like the idea of silver mirrors with the Misano red (like the S6) as I have this on my Golf (Tornado Red and brushed chrome mirrors) and it does look great, so I was wondering how easy they would be to get wrapped.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to getting it and roll on March!
    Last edited by JSRed; 06-01-2017 at 08:05 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Ordered my First Audi (A6 BiTDi BE) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Coming from the R, the A6 will feel quite soft. I went from the bitdi to the S3 but I miss the A6!! The acceleration is very different but plenty quick enough. The steering will be quite vague compared to the R but you get used to it and as it's a big car you don't need it the same. You could always go for the 19" wheels to give a bit more suppleness and much cheaper tyres!
    Nice spec you have ordered and hopefully be here before the tax changes.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

3. Re: Ordered my First Audi (A6 BiTDi BE) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Thanks Scott.
    Interesting that you've gone the opposite way! I love the R and the S3, but I've done that now and whilst I'm sure the urge will come around again (thinking back to the 3 Clio 182s I've had, and MR2 GT, Megane R26, Insignia VXR - with each one replaced with a "sensible" car only for that to be replaced with something fun) I think the A6 will provide as good of as an all rounder as I could hope for. I'd have gone for the S6 avant but it was just outside my budget given the Tech Pack advanced, matrix headlights and parking parks were options I wouldn't forgo (why on earth the reverse camera is not standard is beyond me!)

I thought the BiTDi on the test drive behaved very well, bar the steering which did feel immediately vague. The suspension actually felt quite firm and it was pretty chuckable around the soaking wet Milton Keynes roundabouts.

My car before the golf has 20s and the tyres were obscene... the Golf's 18s only set me back around £85 a corner for Bridgestones... but maybe if I can get them to last a bit longer on the A6 then I won't notice a difference... although I'm sure my local tyre retailer is going to miss my frequent visits!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Ordered my First Audi (A6 BiTDi BE) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    I've always found michelins last well on my A6s although my last were 19s. You're right about it being a great all rounder-I don't think you can get a better car for the space, tech and pretty good handling. Of course the engine is great!

I'm sure you will enjoy it and the dog will appreciate it. Plenty space for all the kid stuff.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0