Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All
    I have a VW Crafter 2008 with a BJK engine code manual trans and i replaced the starter and battery about 18 months ago as they were both tired ,the van has been fine bar a niggle alarm issue which has had the light console in the roof renewed and the siren but still not working correctly.
    The main issue is the starter solenoid has become faulty as it just clicks and keep trying it and will will go eventually i did test the solenoid wire with a meter and it appears to have 4.7 volts whilst the dash display is on if you lock the van or let it go to sleep ie the millage disappears from the dash display the meter will then read 0 volts turn the key to start and you will get battery voltage let go of key and back to 4.7 volts is this correct or do i have a issue with the starter relay circuit or alarm circuit.
    Sorry for the ramblings and thanks for help in advance
    Jeff

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Crafter sterter issue. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    I would replace the starter as its solenoid is faulty.

Not uncommon with recon starter ........................................... that's why you get a warranty with it
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Crafter sterter issue. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The starter was a new genuine vw one but i have replaced the starter but my question is the the voltage thats present at the solenoid when not in the start postion 4.7 volts as this might be whats causing the solenoid to fail.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Please Help VW Crafter 08 Reg Starting Issue
    By HelpwithCrafter in forum The Commercial Range
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 08:56 PM
  2. Starter/Battery issue
    By bss1978 in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19-05-2015, 07:15 PM
  3. 1.8T strange starter issue
    By Rexer in forum Golf MK4 - 1999 - 2004
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-02-2011, 09:53 PM
  4. Question Starter issue?
    By nhi336 in forum Golf MK4 - 1999 - 2004
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-10-2010, 10:47 PM
  5. Question possible issue with Starter motor....?
    By kenyan_alex in forum Audi A3 - 8L - 1996 - 2003
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-10-2010, 08:40 AM