1. Rear Dynamic Indicators 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I know this has been talked about before but for those of us that do not have the Dynamic (sweeping) Indicators in the rear lights how can this be activated? I have found out that it is not related to actual rear light units so I presume it must be coding perhaps or maybe there is a specific module needed?? Any help please??
    Last edited by James Hamilton; 31-12-2016 at 11:03 AM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Rear Dynamic Indicators 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjc2974 View Post
    I know this has been talked about before but for those of us that do not have the Dynamic (sweeping) Indicators in the rear lights how can this be activated? I have found out that it is not related to actual rear light units so I presume it must be coding perhaps or maybe there is a specific module needed?? Any help please??
    Hi bjc. Is your car an SE? As far as I'm aware you do need a different light cluster. It has to be the full LED cluster. You also need a separate small wire harness that is also available separately. It isn't coding. If you read up on the tinted light cluster that can be bought separately it says that a cable is required for non Dynamic sweep cars. I've found a thread on Audiworld that mentions these.... 4M0052400

I'm sure someone else will be able to confirm that this is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Rear Dynamic Indicators 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks mate but I have just purchased the Audi Blackline rear lights and adaptors. The adaptors are only needed because non dynamic vehicles have different plugs. For the blackline rear light there is only one part# available for both dynamic and non dynamic vehicles. So based on that I can only assume it must be coding. If you look at ur tinted lights (I assume you mean the black ones I have) I bet they are the same part # as mine??

0 0 0

4. Re: Rear Dynamic Indicators 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    According to a German company who makes lots of adds-on for VAG vehicle and selling blackline rear light, it is plug and play, no coding needs it. I am not sure the link allowed or not, thus google "k-electronic GmbH".

0 0 0

5. Re: Rear Dynamic Indicators 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Yeh have seen those. They have some module that can give you the dynamic look but trying to work out how it is done from the factory. I have worked out that it is not the actual lights but something more....The mystery continues!

0 0 0

6. Re: Rear Dynamic Indicators 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    I looked the wiring diagramm. The standard light has 4 pin connector and the dynamic has 5 pin connector. The wiring is same for both except there is an additional wire from the Convenience system central control unit pin11 to the light pin5 for the dynamic light. All other wiring are same for both lights. There is no additional module or control unit for dynamic, only one wire is the difference. Also this additional wire is common for left and right hand light.

0 0 0

7. Re: Rear Dynamic Indicators 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    So does that suggest that the dynamic function is controlled by the "convenience system central control" module??

0 0 0

8. Re: Rear Dynamic Indicators 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    I recon yes, it does. Also this is the reason why the dynamic light probebly does not work in the US. The wiring from the Convenience system central control to the rear light is not implemented in US model according to the wiring diagramm. Otherwise the EU and US wiring is the same except the missing wiring in the US.

0 0 0

9. Re: Rear Dynamic Indicators 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Yeah, I believe there is something going on in module 46 too.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

10. Re: Rear Dynamic Indicators 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Sorry to bring this one up again chaps? I've got an SE So reading through the thread. Bit lost but so far have understood there are three requirements to have Dynamic indicator lights
    1: specific full led cluster (can someone confirm part no?)
    2: wiring from convenience system central control to rear light (is this in place on SE models as there is mention it's not on the US but on the EU version)
    3: 5 pin wiring harness compared to 4 (unless this is the same as the above point 2)
    4: potential coding in con system central control/module 46?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast