1. Drivers door lock problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ok so I have the dreaded door lock problem, basically the door won't unlock with fob unless the lock button is pressed twice (deadlock).

Any reasons as to why this would occur ? I've seen a lot of threads on door lock problems but nobody has mentioned there's will only unlock if unlocking from deadlock.

Thanks in advance.

0 0 0

2. Re: Drivers door lock problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smigga23 View Post
    Any reasons as to why this would occur ?
    Yes, mechanical things go wrong.... The first thing to do is get a full code scan done to see what the door control unit and the central convenience unit are seeing as the problem.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Drivers door lock problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, just seems odd that it will open but only if you press the lock button twice 1st!

0 0 0

4. Re: Drivers door lock problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, just seems odd that it will open but only if you press the lock button twice 1st!
    Its door lock-actuator getting weak 90%, before changing it, scan as stated above and try wd40 or spray lock-oil to keyhole and play with fob few times, helped in my case and for few others. If not, replace the lock! It opens second or third time, because more juice in circut as other doors are already open! Same s... was with fuel flap actuator etc...

Repairing Audi A4 B8 8K door not unlocking with remote fob

There has been few reports of module issue also, but i put my money to the lock!
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

5. Re: Drivers door lock problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    That is because you are setting up inertia in the internals which allows it to kick the unit open.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Drivers door lock problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok so I have the dreaded door lock problem, basically the door won't unlock with fob unless the lock button is pressed twice (deadlock).

Any reasons as to why this would occur ? I've seen a lot of threads on door lock problems but nobody has mentioned there's will only unlock if unlocking from deadlock.

Thanks in advance.
    Trying my luck here on a 4 year old thread but I have the exact same problem and a quick google has lead me here. Did you get to the bottom of it? or have any others had this same issue?

0 0 0

7. Re: Drivers door lock problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I currently have this issue and will fix it in the decent weather (i would do it today if i had some overhead cover), i will follow this guide when i do Audi B8 A4 Door Lock Repair - YouTube
    MK7 Golf Estate '14 GT TDI CR150 DSG. Engine Mods: Stage 1, Rear Intake Trim

0 0 0